Clutch problem

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
As a I sit here in this parking lot waiting for my wife to pick me up because I'm stranded with an inoperative car, I'm thinking about what has failed with my clutch. I am sure my last action while driving did the deed. I downshifted to 3rd at 60 mph and stabbed the throttle. Normally the tires would have broke loose and I would be on my way. This time the car started to go but then the engine hit the rpm limiter, I took it out of gear and coasted to a safe spot. Now the clutch pedal has no pressure - just pivots to the floor board. Engine runs fine, no smoke, no odor, and no different noises.

My guess is the slave cylinder has a busted seal, or the throw out bearing is gone. Could be the pressure plate, but I would expect rattling with the two latter thoughts. First thing I gotta do is get the car towed and I am not to comfortable with that given the car is lowered.

What do you think?

A country worth living in is a country worth fighting for.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
A bad slave would keep it in gear and you would still be able to drive. The smell of a burned clutch would be unmistakeable. You may have snapped the input shaft to the transmission. That still wouldn't explain the clutch pedal though.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
It could be an input shaft, but I hope not! That will be really expensive.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Was there any fluid leaking from the bell housing?

Didn't notice any fluid underneath the car. I can't crawl under though.. To low for that.

The shitty part is being in Germany.. After I figure out the problem I have to wait on the parts through USPS.

ColeStang_GT

Reaction score
Didn't notice any fluid underneath the car. I can't crawl under though.. To low for that.

The shitty part is being in Germany.. After I figure out the problem I have to wait on the parts through USPS.

Check the master cylinder and see if it is bone dry. My 06 f150 did the same thing to me. I had a busted slave and no pressure on my pedal at all. It sure was un driving it 600 miles from Georgia to back home in Kentucky to fix it. I had to put fluid in the cylinder and pump the pedal like hell the entire way, when I was even using the pedal that is.

But, it still doesnt explain the gear part though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back