Clutch replaced, pedal soft

Booya

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had the Exedy 400 clutch kit and steel fly wheel installed yesterday. Now the first half of the clutch pedal feels dead and it engages what feels like millimeters from the floor. And twice on initial start-up, with the pedal to the floor, I couldn't get the car into any gear. Did the shop not bleed the line correctly, or is it something worse?

Booya

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It came with a new slave. I would ass.ume the shop would put it in. Can I bleed the line from my garage or do I have to wait til Monday to bring it back to the shop?

Booya

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton Lightblade. I jacked the front drivers side up and pumped the shit out of it. It's firm now and goes into gear.

SVTsupremecy

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a Slave issue...hope you get it figured out. I noticed when I had Ford install my mach 400 (while they replaced the whole tranny under warranty) when I got it back/during my break in period it seemed as if my pedal was low on the floor but after pumping it and breaking it in, it went to normal. 20k on the clutch and so far so good.

Edit: glad you got it figured out

What kind of motor set up are you running? 393 hp NA is damn impressive

Booya

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks SVT,

Steeda 90mm CAI, CobraJet twin 62mm TB, FRPP intake manifold, Steeda UDPs, FRPP CNC heads, BBR stage 1 cams, BBK Lts with hiflo catted X-pipe. Dyno tuned by Chris down at BBR.

nbk92

forum member
Reaction score
Just had my clutch replaced on thursday. Same exact problem. Don't worry. It is just the air that needs to work it way out.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Thanks SVT,

Steeda 90mm CAI, CobraJet twin 62mm TB, FRPP intake manifold, Steeda UDPs, FRPP CNC heads, BBR stage 1 cams, BBK Lts with hiflo catted X-pipe. Dyno tuned by Chris down at BBR.

nice set up and nice power! 393 works for me. Pretty sure this is where I'll go with mine instead of FI.

Booya

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice set up and nice power! 393 works for me. Pretty sure this is where I'll go with mine instead of FI.

Thanks. The only thing I would do differently is go with a higher flow head, like a Livernois stage 2. Would have broke that 400 benchmark.

Back