Clutch slipping and chattering

joshuamedina653

Reaction score
My clutch has been acting up lately and does not engage smoothly anymore at times it feels smooth and at times it just chatters and slips having weird engagement what can it be time for a new clutch? Need help diagnosing this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshuamedina653

Reaction score
How many miles?
At the moment the car has 140k but when i bought it three years ago it was replaced from the last owner but it has been a while since my car has been doing this

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Well my clutch has clattered since day one. Mainly because it is a cheap Spec clutch.

So if it was replaced what kind of clutch? Was the flywheel done at the same time?

If you dont know probably best to go ahead and replace both.

Please learn from my mistake and don't go cheap..

2006 Saleen SC #409 MMR 1000S stroked 4.6 3.0 pulley 1 piece driveshaft

joshuamedina653

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and advice! Will be changing my clutch soon with a exedy stage 1 kit, would it be better to change out the flywheel also or just resurface mine

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a low mile exedy mach 500 clutch, lightweight steel flywheel and throw out bearing. I'll sell it for half of new cost. Let me know if you're interested and I'll take pictures and come up with a cost

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
I have a low mile exedy mach 500 clutch, lightweight steel flywheel and throw out bearing. I'll sell it for half of new cost. Let me know if you're interested and I'll take pictures and come up with a cost
Sounds like a good deal.

If you want to save money you can have it resurfaced but it is super more convenient to have a new one.

2006 Saleen SC #409 MMR 1000S stroked 4.6 3.0 pulley 1 piece driveshaft

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

joshuamedina653

Reaction score
How much for both flywheel and clutch , together idk i tbh just wanna put everything in new so everything is fresh but how much for both flywheel and clutch?

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll go $400 and split shipping with you which will be about $40. So $420 total shipped, for the clutch and flywheel and ARP bolts. I'll throw in the pilot bearing and clutch slave cylinder free, if you want them. They don't have much value used and it would be a good idea to replace them with new parts. There is no reason to buy new ARP pressure plate bolts, they last forever.

The clutch is damn near like new for half price and it is very likely to last for the remaining life of the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back