Converter lockup

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
What gear should I be locking my converter? My thoughts are second gear just after the shift so it's more direct drive.
What's your thoughts?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I know wbt on here locks his as soon as it shifts to second gear. He even has it do this at WOT when drag racing. The Circle D convertors have to be pretty tough to withstand that kind of punishment. The only thing I don't know is if the convertor unlocks before the next shift and then instantly locks again or simply stays locked until the trans goes back to first gear. The nice thing about a lock up convertor is when it's locked it's just like driving a stock convertor car and you are not building any excess heat.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
So does the convertor unlock before each shift and then relock right after or does it stay locked during the shifts?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Thanks kdanner and wbt. So when ordering my tune from Lund should I just tell him this is how I want mine to work? Also are you guys worried at all about this being hard on the convertor or transmission?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks kdanner and wbt. So when ordering my tune from Lund should I just tell him this is how I want mine to work? Also are you guys worried at all about this being hard on the convertor or transmission?

Ken should be able to get that setup for you.

No issues to date with the trans or the converter with this setup for 2+ years with kdanner's car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back