Cooling the Shelby and Options

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to start the mods in the Shelby from a safety perspective. I have one good research options but I found another one and want to see if is a better one or not.

Option #1:

• VMP Triple Pass Dual fan Heat Exchanger system
  • J2 Fabrications:
    • Large Intercooler with flow mod
    • Stuart Component Intercooler Pump
    • Heat Exchanger Engine Bay Tank
    • Aux Idler Adjustable for flow mod
Option #2:

• VMP Triple Pass Dual fan Heat Exchanger system
  • Fisher Motorsports:
    • Hot Water Bypass Kit

I am not sure what the Fisher Motorsports kit is all about and sounds that could be an addition to my option #1.

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
Check out departmentofboost.com Jason has a ton of info on intercooler systems, and I believe he is a J2 fabrication dealer. I’ll be running the Super Single heat exchanger as well as a EWP150 pump and 1” lines on my DOB supercharged GT.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Check out departmentofboost.com Jason has a ton of info on intercooler systems, and I believe he is a J2 fabrication dealer. I’ll be running the Super Single heat exchanger as well as a EWP150 pump and 1” lines on my DOB supercharged GT.

Thanks a lot. I am looking at that system now and it looks very promising. I will definitely get in contact to talk options and expectations.

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
Happy to help. Look around on his website, you could spend hours just reading about intercooler tech. I just realized you have a 13/14 gt500. The heat exchanger is already quite large, you would probably see a good flow increase just by doing the J2 flow mod, running bigger lines, a bigger pump, and cutting/ welding bigger fittings on the heat exchanger.
Btw I’m not affiliated with department of boost, I’m just a customer who appreciates all of the R&D that they have done on intercooler systems.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Happy to help. Look around on his website, you could spend hours just reading about intercooler tech. I just realized you have a 13/14 gt500. The heat exchanger is already quite large, you would probably see a good flow increase just by doing the J2 flow mod, running bigger lines, a bigger pump, and cutting/ welding bigger fittings on the heat exchanger.

Yeah but the manifold upgrade from DOB is quite interesting. I think I could run that setup up to their HE pump which it says in their site is better flowing than the Stewart one, then use the J2 Fabrications engine bay HE water tank in place of the battery area. I am not sure about the Titanic HE; I think is over kill for the applications I have planed and I'm not sure how much it will cover and affect the radiator on the car. I think the VMP triple pass dual fan should be about enough.

I guess when I get ready to do the upgrade ill give them a call to coordinate the setup. They seam to work with J2 Fabrications and VMP or at least know their products very well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back