cornering noob

Arkady001

forum member
Reaction score
Arkady, I would def recomned LCA's, are not experiencing wheel hop? the more power mods you do, the worse the hop becomes.

I've not noticed it a significant amount - not enough to bother me anyway, unlike the 3rd-gear grind, which does annoy me (happened three times and that's three times too many) and which the torque-limiters and brace should address...

The roads I play on are usually mountainous, forested and quite narrow (like, slow to 5-10mph to allow oncoming traffic to pass), but well-paved, with some slow 2nd-gear hairpins, so maybe I'm not putting the car into situations where wheel-hop is exhibited, due to my driving style...hard-braking into corners and powering hard out of them - as I say, the roads here are generally very well maintained...

I have a short list of mods which I'll be buying while I'm away in Afghanistan later this year and installing on my return in time for next Summer, so maybe LCA's will go on then...but for now it's not something that I'm driving along thinking: "damn...if only I had some LCAs on..."...whereas the thought of a Vortech SC is burning a hole in my wallet...lol

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Good point; I guess I'd recommend installing the LCA brackets before deciding on LCA's if possible (which make financial sense as well!). I'd imagine there are some/most cars that come out just fine, and then there are some that turn out like mine where there's a noticable difference..

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
im not understanding how it comes out uneven or what ever when ever they are the same length. i have my not yet put on my lca and brackets but i will be in the next few days

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I either got a bum pair (maybe), something's out of whack with my axle (not likely), or it's just manufacturing tolerances combined with the inherent quirkiness of aftermarket parts (probably).

Lightning

Too lazy for smarmy
Reaction score
I've not noticed it a significant amount - not enough to bother me anyway, unlike the 3rd-gear grind, which does annoy me (happened three times and that's three times too many) and which the torque-limiters and brace should address...

Is there a dealer in your area that could do the syncho recall? I have a feeling that's whats nagging you, I am getting the same thing too, but just haven't made the time to take it in to get it checked.

The roads I play on are usually mountainous, forested and quite narrow (like, slow to 5-10mph to allow oncoming traffic to pass), but well-paved, with some slow 2nd-gear hairpins, so maybe I'm not putting the car into situations where wheel-hop is exhibited, due to my driving style...hard-braking into corners and powering hard out of them - as I say, the roads here are generally very well maintained...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Just keep rubbing it in Rob. That's all something this city boy never gets to go out and play with.

I have a short list of mods which I'll be buying while I'm away in Afghanistan later this year and installing on my return in time for next Summer, so maybe LCA's will go on then...but for now it's not something that I'm driving along thinking: "damn...if only I had some LCAs on..."...whereas the thought of a Vortech SC is burning a hole in my wallet...lol

Well, now that's something else we have in common then. While I am more interested in remaining N/A, a Vortech keeps popping into my mind lately...

Arkady001

forum member
Reaction score
Is there a dealer in your area that could do the syncho recall? I have a feeling that's whats nagging you, I am getting the same thing too, but just haven't made the time to take it in to get it checked...

Mine's an '08 - I was under the impression that they had the upgrade anyway?
If not then any Euro Ford dealer will comply - take a while to get the parts though...

Lightning

Too lazy for smarmy
Reaction score
Mine's an 08 too Rob.

From reading theTSB, it appears to apply to us. At least I am planning to take my dealership to task for it and get it done.

TSB 09-9-6

4.6L WITH TR3650 MANUAL TRANSMISSION—CLASH OR RASPY
FEEL—SHIFTING INTO 2ND AND/OR 3RD GEAR

FORD:
2007-2008 Mustang

This article supersedes TSB 08-9-6 to update the Part List as part packaging changed.

ISSUE

Some 2007-2008 Mustang vehicles equipped with the 4.6L engine and TR3650 5 speed
manual transmission may exhibit a clash noise and/or raspy (rough) feel on gear
engagements during 1-2 or 2-3 upshifts. This condition may be more pronounced when the
transmission is colder than 40 degrees F (4 degrees C).

etc, etc, etc...

sound familiar??? (the red highlights are mine)​

I attached a .pdf of the TSB to the post. My plan is to take a hard copy of this into Ford when I am ready to get this done.​

I am going to get this taken care of before I put anymore money into the suspension​

Attachments

• Fords TSB 09 9 6.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Arkady001

forum member
Reaction score
Mine's an 08 too Rob.

From reading theTSB, it appears to apply to us. At least I am planning to take my dealership to task for it and get it done.

sound familiar??? (the red highlights are mine)​

I attached a .pdf of the TSB to the post. My plan is to take a hard copy of this into Ford when I am ready to get this done.​

I am going to get this taken care of before I put anymore money into the suspension​

I think that's more for a consistent grind into 2nd or 3rd, whereas I have an occasional grind only going into 3rd and only at WOT and is (I think) caused by torque causing the driveline to get out of step...and shifter upgrade wouldn't necessarily prevent this, though I do have a Hurst Comp shifter still waiting to go in which I'll put in next month...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back