Custom one-off bodykit

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
So what started as a simple Brembo brake upgrade ended up as a custom wide arch body kit.

Let's start from the beginning, I had the GT500 Brembos fitted under the old stock 18s and when it came to changing the wheels, I wanted something a little old school. Seeing as the DD Bullitts are uncommon out here that's what I decided on.

Of course when it came down to it, the rims don't clear the brakes. Fair enough, so we decided to use a big spacer to provide the clearance needed. Only problem then was the massive inch and a half of tyre sticking out past the fenders.

After much consultation with Louie (G.T) we decided to extend the wheel arches. Cut a long story short, the cheapest and best looking option was to cut the original fenders and mold wider arches with fiberglass and aluminium.

Got the car back yesterday and here are the end results. Apologies for the crappy pics but we've just had a storm so the car is filthy and the pics were shot from a Blackberry.

IMG00451-20101004-1230.jpg

IMG00737-20101101-1444.jpg

IMG00736-20101101-1432.jpg

IMG00738-20101101-1445.jpg

IMG-20101129-00062.jpg

IMG-20101129-00063.jpg

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Let me know what you think. I know some are going to hate it but personally I love how wide and mean it looks. Next steps are to matt black the tailight panel, smoked rear side markers and install SD Mustang Accessories' HID kit.

Looks a little high at the moment because I can't get over some of the speed bumps around where I work but I'm riding on the Steeda coilovers so it will be dropped considerably when it next sees the track.

I'll get it cleaned up and get some better shots in the next couple of days.

Cheers, Andy

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks absolutely awesome. Good job, very impressive.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You need some new wheels. I normally don't like them, but I think 20s would look good under your car.

20s with a -75 offset in the rear :)

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Why are the rear arches so angled out and down?

Maybe I'll like it better when you show pics of it dropped for the track. Right now, I'm not sure if I like it or not. However, you definitely get props for thinking outside the box! I like it when people do something that others aren't.

Black3vGT

Reaction score
I like it but now the wheels look too small, needs some bigger wider ones that sit flusher to the nice new fenders.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
you guys did amazing work on those fenders and i'm not sure i like it, but i think it's due to those wheels. you need some fat 20's and i think it will flow great.

again, amazing work

Meikol02

Reaction score
I think the metal and fiberglass work turned out really well. The angle seems odd to me, but in trying to blend back into the rocker panels I can see the point.

Personally, I think overall it looks good, but I would end up buying wider rear wheels to use up all that new potential!

Nice job coming up with something well thought out and nicely finished.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Excellent body work. I'm not feeling the design, but that is some really good work. Like everyone else said, perhaps with some different wheels, it would be more complete.

swervo

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with the guys that said it needs new rims. I also think it needs a different hood and rear spoiler. Maybe a cowl hood and some kind of duck tail type spoiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bolivianpimp

Reaction score
I like it man! Definitely would be more badass with spoiler, bigger wheels, and a hood.

I have a wide body kit that 3m's on and I have been thinking of doing the same that you did to make it permanent and so it flows better. I'm wondering why the back kinda angles down though. Nice Project man you are inspiring me!

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
More tire and wheel and a different front bumpber. I like the rear with the center exhaust though!

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Let me know what you think. I know some are going to hate it but personally I love how wide and mean it looks. Next steps are to matt black the tailight panel, smoked rear side markers and install SD Mustang Accessories' HID kit.

Looks a little high at the moment because I can't get over some of the speed bumps around where I work but I'm riding on the Steeda coilovers so it will be dropped considerably when it next sees the track.

I'll get it cleaned up and get some better shots in the next couple of days.

Cheers, Andy

Wider wheels & tires will help the looks. Great job on the body work.

Let me know when your ready for the other items you want.

Thanks
Ed

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back