did this thing blow?

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
So I have 118 miles on my new 302 stroker. Been taking it easy doing the breakin. I had a breakin tune made for the car and its scheduled to go on the dyno next Wednesday. I was driving the car Sunday and it started to miss a little and I happen to look behind me and its smoking out 4 lanes of traffic. I start it up today and seems to be running fine I let it warm up and go to pull out of the garage and it smoke really bad under throttle. i plan on pulling the plugs tomorrow to asses the damage I think its oil but not 100% sure.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
its white. not sure if its blueish it doesn't smoke on idle so I cant really tell. coolant is full but I only drove like 3 miles to my house after this happened. My blower seems to be making a rad ling noise on idle but goes away after revved up the blower only has 118 miles on it as well..

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
That's not good... White smoke usually means coolant, which is not good at all. I wouldnt start that car again until you take a serious look at that motor. Mine poured white smoke from it and did they exact same thing by filling the highway up with smoke. Come to find out I had a hole in the side of my block.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
well noting it leaking on the garage floor and its full of coolant and its not smoking just sitting there idling. I am hoping the inter cooler on the blower is leaking and that's what it is. Hopefully ill get time to tear it apart tomorrow. Its either coolant or oil no doubt about it just cant really see weather it has a blue tint to it for inside the car.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Mine didn't leak either... It blew oils through the pipes, and all out on the road. I'm not saying it's blown. I'm just saying i would really inspect it before you take it back out again.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
all the fluids are full. But I did have to add coolant to the supercharger tank twice before all this happened but I think it was just working all of the air out of the system. So grnbullet you could put your hands over the pipes and it would blow oil on you hands?

Last edited:

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
well i pulled the plugs and they look fine. no deposits or white or oil color on them. I can look down the holes and there seems to be some liquid puddled on top of the pistons in the valve reliefs. i cant see well enough to tell what it is could just be fuel but I will try to get a sample to see if I can tell.

quick60

forum member
Reaction score
do a simple compression test it really takes 10 to 20 min and you sad you pulled the plugs out already to there you go you almost there,

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I will tomorrow I have to get my gauge from work. No holes in the block from what I can see from underneath the car.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad/blown head gasket... Check your oil and see if there is coolant mixed in it

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
the oil is clean and not milky so far this is no signs of what happened. I will try and get the compression tomorrow.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
What oil are you using and did you use the old windage tray or the new one?

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
What type of supercharger? Liquid to air intercooled? Check the supercharger coolant if so. Also, what does it smell like? If it was rich you'd know, because you could smell it if it was smoking from being rich that bad. Also, you would have seen it on your plugs.

My best guess is your intercooler is leaking or a connection to it is leaking into the lower intake.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back