DiMora's N2MB WOTOX install thread

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Installed the N2MB WOTBOX today. Followed the instructions precisely. My car is a2006 GT:

The kit as received:

photo-vi.jpg

I jacked up the front passenger side of the car, removed the RF wheel and inner splash guard to access the big rubber grommet the antenna lead runs through. It makes for nice access into the fuse box area (which is where I put my WOTBOX). You will also see my refurbished Innovate motorsports wideband, which I re-installed at the same time through the same grommet:

photo-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

My kit did NOT come with a grommet, so I used one I had lying around...I drilled the hole out bigger..installed the grommet...and ran the wires:

photo1-vi.jpg

At the PCU (or ECM, or ECU or whatever you want to call it) I soldered one wire to each of the connectors as described in the instructions:

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

I cleaned the chassis ground real good:

photo4-vi.jpg

On my Windows 7 laptop...software install (drivers) were not easy...I had to manually install them, and it would not recognize the USB adapter cable until I switched to a different USB port. Weird. Finally go tthe little sucker to appear in control panel. Mine ended up on COM port 6:

photo-vi.jpg

After I got it to recognize the WOTBOX, I chose COM port 6 in the GUI menu and then clicked READ and this was the default setup:

photo-vi.jpg

I tweaked my launch RPM to 2500 and then clicked WRITE like this:

photo2-vi.jpg

After it wrote, I saw this:

photo3-vi.jpg

Then I tested it per the instructions, and my son and I went for a road test:

<object height="360" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99rcuRX3-L4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="480"></object>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVGuu7duaBQ?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="480"></object>

Last edited:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Good write up as always DiMora. I just got mine this week. I'm a little intimidated by the wiring. May hit you up for some additional guidance.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice bro, looks like you're enjoying it! lol

Nice! I've had mine for a year but I hate wiring so it still isn't installed.

WTF is wrong with you, come to jersey i will install it for you. :beerdrink:
The wiring is really not THAT hard, once you know what the right wires are (which are in the instructions).
Plus the only wire you have to cut is the ignition wire, the rest are just tapped into.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Installed the N2MB WOTBOX today. Followed the instructions precisely. My car is a2006 GT:

The kit as received:

photo-vi.jpg

I jacked up the front passenger side of the car, removed the RF wheel and inner splash guard to access the big rubber grommet the antenna lead runs through. It makes for nice access into the fuse box area (which is where I put my WOTBOX). You will also see my refurbished Innovate motorsports wideband, which I re-installed at the same time through the same grommet:

photo-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

My kit did NOT come with a grommet, so I used one I had lying around...I drilled the hole out bigger..installed the grommet...and ran the wires:

photo1-vi.jpg

At the PCU (or ECM, or ECU or whatever you want to call it) I soldered one wire to each of the connectors as described in the instructions:

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

I cleaned the chassis ground real good:

photo4-vi.jpg

On my Windows 7 laptop...software install (drivers) were not easy...I had to manually install them, and it would not recognize the USB adapter cable until I switched to a different USB port. Weird. Finally go tthe little sucker to appear in control panel. Mine ended up on COM port 6:

photo-vi.jpg

After I got it to recognize the WOTBOX, I chose COM port 6 in the GUI menu and then clicked READ and this was the default setup:

photo-vi.jpg

I tweaked my launch RPM to 2500 and then clicked WRITE like this:

photo2-vi.jpg

After it wrote, I saw this:

photo3-vi.jpg

Then I tested it per the instructions, and my son and I went for a road test:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99rcuRX3-L4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="480"></object>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVGuu7duaBQ?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="480"></object>

Looks like your son is having fun! congrats on the install.. I just realized your only up the road about 30-45 mins from where I'm at, give or take a few.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with you, come to jersey i will install it for you. :beerdrink:
The wiring is really not THAT hard, once you know what the right wires are (which are in the instructions).
Plus the only wire you have to cut is the ignition wire, the rest are just tapped into.

If its more than a power and ground wire I'm overwhelmed. :wtf1:
Give my a wrench to turn and I'm fine. Lol

james05gt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! I've had mine for a year but I hate wiring so it still isn't installed.

You and me both lol, I've had mine for a year brand new still in packaging! from last years group buy from greg s&h :argh: the furthest I got on the install is routing the wires at the fender. Then I looked at the directions and looked at my pcm and I said "omfg" then shut the hood.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Somebody post every step for us electrical system dumb-asses.

nitrobob

forum member
Reaction score
You and me both lol, I've had mine for a year brand new still in packaging! from last years group buy from greg s&h :argh: the furthest I got on the install is routing the wires at the fender. Then I looked at the directions and looked at my pcm and I said "omfg" then shut the hood.

x2...Wish there was a step by step tutorial video like the MGW shifter came with.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Have Fdjizm install it for you

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Somebody post every step for us electrical system dumb-asses.

There are only five "challenging" wires - one in each of the three PCM harness cables, and two under the fusebox:

Green to white wire in top PCM connector:

photo-vi.jpg

Blue to white wire in middle PCM connector (This shot I have completed that wire):

photo3-vi.jpg

And the yellow wire to the black and pink wire on the bottom PCM connector:

photo-vi.jpg

The above black and pink wire was twisted together with a Grey yellow wire and in a foil shield - so you have to carefully unwrap the foil shield and un-twist. After I soldered it up, I re-wrapped the foil to give it the shielding it had previously:

photo1-vi.jpg

The fuse box wire closest to the backside of the plastic fuse holder (under the green cover) was the biggest pain, but it was easy to find and the soldering it is easy:

photo2-vi.jpg

You are taking the red/black "zipper" wire from the WOTBOX and splitting it a bit...you add it into the wire under the fusebox - the red wire goes to the two reds that come from the fuse, and the black goes to the other end of the wire you cut that goes back into the harness toward the coil-on-plugs. That wire is what interrupts the ignition.

And the ground wire couldn't be easier.

I also put split loom over all the wires (not shown in my photos) and electrical taped the factory harnesses back up to keep the OEM look. A few zip ties and I was winning like Charlie Sheen.

So...get yourself a good soldering iron (I use a Weller gun), some thin silver solder for quality, a grommet, some electrical tape and some split loom and black zip-ties to have everything you need for a clean install.

Hope that helps. There are soldering tips on N2MB's website in case you are not experienced at soldering.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back