DOB Install

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
This is just the start of it. Gathering the parts. This pic shows what I got off of ebay for under $800. The intercooler is a 2011 and has the needed brackets including the intercooler pump bracket. The parts are as new as they look. They were advertised as less than 50 miles and I'd be surprised if there was more than 10. The svt cai has a 4.5" maf housing which should give the stock maf sensor pretty good range.

I spent another $215 for 2013 injectors on ebay and a little less than $230 for an intercooler pump, reservoir lid, supercharger gasket, and iat sensor and pigtail.

So far that's about $1235 total. I still need to address the fuel rails and a pigtail for the intercooler pump along with the DOB manifold itself. Will probably pick up a Roush tensioner to go with it. I'm fairly certain this almost new kit will be under $3500 by the time everything is purchased.

I get to use the Ford maf xfer to start the tune with and I'd bet it's very close.

The actual cost will be less once I remove and sell the frpp intake, tb, injectors, c&l cai, mac headers and prochamber with cats. I'll be putting the stock manifolds and catted h pipe back on because afaik the stock cats are the only ones that can handle forced induction and I have to have cats.

The intercooler parts will probably go on this weekend. I'll take some pics along the way for anyone who may be interested. Forgive me for not knowing if a dob install has been documented on this site yet. More than likely it has so this will just be another one.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MOAR money! Upgrade the heat exchanger! ;)

You are correct stkjock.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the HE not a intercooler in the pic?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
You just can't leave good enough alone can you? Lol. I like your style Bruce. I'm in for this.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in for this, I love the DOB set up. I hope you plentiful in taking pic and the install. And then when you get tired of this one you can sell it to me. Jk ;)

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Nice!! Definitely excited for another DOB

I would definitely go with the frakentensioner over anything else though.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Nice!! Definitely excited for another DOB

I would definitely go with the frakentensioner over anything else though.

I might. I have another tensioner in my spare parts bin. I've also run the Roush tensioner with 17psi on a whipple and it's done just fine without being too much. That's all I've tried in the past though. Once the Roush went on there was no need to go farther.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'll second the Roush tensioner. You simply don't hear about anyone having issues with them. You also don't see them come up for sale used very often, people keep them and never replace them with anything else.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I might. I have another tensioner in my spare parts bin. I've also run the Roush tensioner with 17psi on a whipple and it's done just fine without being too much. That's all I've tried in the past though. Once the Roush went on there was no need to go farther.

I'm currently running 16psi on my six rib with the frakentensioner. Been pretty good thus far. It's just such a cheap effective solution.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back