Doors lock but not unlock?

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
Yes of course ive done a search....

For some odd freakin reason. My key fob and even the lock/unlock switch inside the car. WONT UNLOCK MY DOORS. But it locks.

You can hear the click from the SJB when you click unlock form the door switch and key fob. But no results.

Any ideas peeps?

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lock actuator going out. They start acting up and will eventually stop working. But they're cheap enough to replace.

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
Lock actuators in the doors? Both of them? at the same time?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Found a wire code for you. Pop the pass kick panel. Locate the SBJ. There should be a black 26 pin connector near by if not plugged into it. Pin 1 and Pin 5 are the unlock wires that feed 12vdc to the solenoids when commanded to unlock from either the keyfob or individual door switches. You should be able to back probe these wires and see if 12vdc is getting being supplied. My bet is no voltage is present when you hear the SBJ internal relay fire to unlock.

color codes - driver side - dark blue/light green
color codes - psngr side - yellow/red

Since neither side unlocks regardless of electrical method, but both sides will lock using either method I would tend to believe the common failure is within the SBJ device. This is where I would start based on the symptom you described.

Hopefully my source on the wire color code is correct. Good luck.

Last edited:

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
awesome thank you. im hoping maybe its just dirty or maybe water got to it and i can clean it out

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
awesome thank you. im hoping maybe its just dirty or maybe water got to it and i can clean it out

There is a known issue with water getting into the passenger side on the 05-09's. I had one but never experienced that. I believe it was found to be coming in via a grommet used for the antenna cable if memory serves correctly. I used to have a document on it but that was two cars ago. Hope its just moisture.

maz030

Reaction score

I hope that's not what happened. You do not want water getting into the SJB. When you open the kick panel in the passenger footwell, you'll probably notice some foam over the SJB. This is because Ford knew of the problem where water would get into the car either via under the cowl or through the grommet in the passenger footwell, and instead of properly fixing it, they just covered the SJB.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
is the lock symbol on your dash flashing at all? possibly a PATS issue. I had that problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back