Drag wheel picture thread

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
213lk49.jpg

ims19f.jpg

Rear: Hoosier QTP 26x11.5x15 on 15x8's
Front: Nankang 165/80-15 radials on 15x4's.
no pics with all 4 mounted yet.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's been a couple of years since i weighed them and i don't want to lie...but they're really light. it seems i weighed them with the tires, but i don't remember now. i will get them out of storage now that you ask maybe later today and weigh them because now i'm wondering too cause 22lbs seems awfully light for tire and wheel.

i have $550 in the whole set up, front and back. i picked up the whole set for $150 and then it cost a total of $400 to narrow the fronts.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
my 15" weld rts, with 28" M/T et fronts weigh 25 lbs each. My only gripe is that they stick out from the fender...

front_runners_weld_rts_zps458e0cd5.jpg

If that 17" wheel of yours (5" wide) would work with a 17" bias ply front runner then I might consider going that route.

ims19f.jpg

Rear: Hoosier QTP 26x11.5x15 on 15x8's
Front: Nankang 165/80-15 radials on 15x4's.
no pics with all 4 mounted yet.

those fronts look great, did you have to do any grinding?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
those fronts look great, did you have to do any grinding?

Yea I didn't get lucky like some of the 06 guys with these wheels lol.

2dl6gyg.jpg

2edmkpc.jpg

Not that much grinding, but it came out nice dremel skills!
The front setup weights about 32lbs, heavier than I thought but I'm running radials they are 17lbs each.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I didn't get lucky like some of the 06 guys with these wheels lol.

Not that much grinding, but it came out nice dremel skills!
The front setup weights about 32lbs, heavier than I thought but I'm running radials they are 17lbs each.

So you're running bias ply for the rear and radials in the front?

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I sure am. like every time I've been to the track lol.
It's not death defying like some people say, straight as an arrow.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my 15" weld rts, with 28" M/T et fronts weigh 25 lbs each. My only gripe is that they stick out from the fender...

tha'ts the whole deal right there. that's why i went to the expense of having these done

If that 17" wheel of yours (5" wide) would work with a 17" bias ply front runner then I might consider going that route
http://www.jegs.com/i/M&H/676/MSS-017/10002/-1

i wouldn't be afraid of running that tire on a 5'' rim.

So you're running bias ply's for the rear and radials in the front?

me too. a lot of folks have a lot of different ideas about mixing bias ply tires and radials. i would only have a problem doing it mixing them on the same axle.

to me, the only issue with the bias ply tires is running them so low on air pressure that they start to squirm around a little. having bias ply tires in the front also won't change that, imho. but i don't claim to be a tire expert.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I will be in better shape if I wasn't already with a skinnier radial up front anyway.
I've run into well over 30 people at the track that run radials up front and even slicks out back with no issues.
The squirlyness is from the air pressure being low as hell in the rear 11-13 psi.

I've run 15psi on the rear 35 up front no ass wiggle at all.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Good to know! Because reading Mickey Thompson's website would have me be thinking otherwise. Perhaps they do mean per axle and not the whole car.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will be in better shape if I wasn't already with a skinnier radial up front anyway.
I've run into well over 30 people at the track that run radials up front and even slicks out back with no issues.
The squirlyness is from the air pressure being low as hell in the rear 11-13 psi.

I've run 15psi on the rear 35 up front no ass wiggle at all.
exactly, when i get around 12psi, it gets a little loose

okay i'm glad i didn't swear on a stack of bibles, but this set weighs in at 38lbs
i'm sure with a real front runner vs. the drag radials i'm using, you can shave a few pounds off that number, if you were to go to a narrowed factory wheel

38lbs like it sits in the picture, which really kind of surprised me that it weighs that much. then again, i have no idea how much a stock wheel with a 235/55/17 radial would weigh. maybe 55-60lbs?
gxh3.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
My stock 18's with pirelli's are 54lbs each, yea heavy bitches.
Going to skinnies I am taking 44lbs off the rotating weight!

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
38lbs like it sits in the picture, which really kind of surprised me that it weighs that much. then again, i have no idea how much a stock wheel with a 235/55/17 radial would weigh. maybe 55-60lbs?
gxh3.jpg

my factory 17" OEM wheel (like yours) with pirelli tire weighed in at 51 lbs

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
then that's a total of 26lbs total off the front. not as good as racestars, but not so bad either. i'm sure i could save a few more pounds if i went to a bias front runner too.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
I think thats a pretty good weight. My 17" sve's with a 28" tall skinny weigh 34.8lb.

Last edited:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
then that's a total of 26lbs total off the front. not as good as racestars, but not so bad either. i'm sure i could save a few more pounds if i went to a bias front runner too.
bias front runners would help a bit; more importantly I think they look great - kinda one of those mods that people don't notice right away...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of a drag setup with open lugs? I am going to run extended studs on my 09 again but for this setup I'll remove the spacers and use open lugs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back