drive shaft question shaftmaster?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
They probably shouldn't be taking their car apart. :roflmao:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
My craftsman 3/8 ratchet would not fit on there with the standard 3/8 10mm socket. There was not enough room.

Yep rear flange, nothing special about the 10mm socket, just included if you need it. Unless it is made of platnium :lol2:

10mm socket with the driveshaft:

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
We tried. Didn't fit either.

1/4 may have worked but at that point it didn't matter since I had no torque wrench in that size. In the end we just put a gearwrench 10mm ratcheting wrench on there and torqued it down as good as we could.

Reaction score
Well my not happyness made it back to Shaftmasters, and yes I worked with them, they are great to work with, I purchase two drive lines from them, they refunded my money on the first no problem, the second one still vibrates, so I take it one of you guys are a plant...... the OP ask for my opinion and I gave it, I'm glad for the people that have not had problems, but I have and still do, just one of those mods I wouldn't do again, wether it be a Shaftmaster or any of the other single piece alum. drive line manufactures, how many of you have step gears (4.10 or better) and no vibs?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
If you're one of the unlucky people who've had nothing but hassle after hassle with the one piece driveshafts I can't say I blame you for giving up on it. @ some point you just run out of patience.

I have an axle exchange w/the replacement flange. I had a driveline shop do it. They didn't follow any torque specs and just zipped everything on there with an impact. Car has been up to 100 and is pretty smooth - though there is a very slight vibe you can feel through the seat. 4.10 gears are in there as well.

GI Joe

Reaction score
omg at the risk of ruining this thread I must say...I did a search to find out about shaftmasters and my son and I were both reading the post about " what if you dont have a 3/8" ratchet" and we both turned to each other and said "you are SOL" and then on the next line we read "you are SOL " and "You should not be tearing a car apart" and we both just cracked up...that was so funny...lol and somehow I still found my answer.lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back