Dry-Rotted Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone replace just the bushing in the front lower control arms (the big bushings towards the rear of the arm)?

I'm trying to avoid buying the entire arm, which is what the stealer is telling me to do.

If I cannot just swap bushings I'm thinking about the SR Performance or Ford Racing arms from AmericanMuscle, just wanted to save some money. I dislike polyurethane bushings as they wear out quickly and usually end up squeaking.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Doorman makes a cheap stock replacement if you're not looking to upgrade

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys. Do you think these are as good as the OEMs?

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I was under my car today for the start of my trans swap and noticed both of mine are starting to go bad.. I guess I'm not the only one..

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Guess that's the next purchase once my car leaves the garage again.. God it's been over 2 months, having serious withdrawals.

BirdMan65

Reaction score
I was under my car today for the start of my trans swap and noticed both of mine are starting to go bad.. I guess I'm not the only one..

Do you mean the small bushing or the large bushing or both?

RockAuto has the the Very best prices. Somewhere I thought I noticed something about different size ball joint's for 2007 and later?? The Dorman number is the same for 2005 GT through the 2010 GT500! I thought the GT500 might have better control arms or material than the regular GT.

Dorman is normally a good brand but I think I would go with Moog as I have had good luck with their ball joints and tie rod ends on my Falcon's.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back