DSS Aluminum Drive shaft 2011-13 GT, Boss

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
SOLD

DSS Aluminum Driveshaft for 2011-2013 GT, Boss

I had this on the car for about a year, maybe less, and about 10,000 miles. The DS is in perfect working condition.

As you will see from the pics, there are some light surface scuffs near the rear of the driveshaft. These scuffs happened when my adjustable PHB broke during an autocross test and tune day, and when it let go, as expected, the rear end shifted underneath the car. The driveshaft ended up rubbing on the plastic "shield" on the underside of the chassis. (if you don't know what I mean, crawl under your car and take a look, and you'll see what I'm talking about)

These scuffs are purely cosmetic, and since this happened, I have had the car up to approximately 120 MPH (on a closed course, of course), and I can say with confidence that there are no balance or drivability issues as a result of the "incident."

Additionally, the threads on two of the bolts that connect the DS to the rear end are "flattened" and I would recommend going down to your local Fastenal or contacting DSS for two fresh bolts, so you won't damage the flange when installing the driveshaft. You can see what I'm talking about in the first and the fourth pic down, where I have the bolts screwed into the rear driveshaft flange.

These go for $789.99 from American Muscle.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/dss-aluminum-driveshaft-1114gt.html

My price is $500 shipped to your door, PP fees included, in the lower 48. Paypal only please.

Info from the AM website:

Features

• Reduces Rotating Mass for Quicker ET's
  • Lighter and Stronger Than Stock 19 lbs Vs 39 lbs
  • 6061-T6 Aluminum Construction - Rated for 3450ft lbs of Torque
  • One Piece Driveshaft Design
  • 3.5" Diameter for Extra Clearance
  • High Speed Balanced - Rated Up to 900 Horsepower
  • Fits 2011-2014 Manual and Automatic GT and BOSS Mustangs
Description

Light Weight. Lighter and stronger than the factory 2-piece driveshaft (19 lbs versus the stock 39 lbs), The Driveshaft Shop's One Piece Mustang Driveshaft greatly reduces rotating mass to improve your Pony's 1/4 mile track times.

Superior Quality. Constructed from 3.5" diameter 6061-T6 aluminum tubing this driveshaft features a 1350 front u-joint with flange to mount directly to the transmission and a 28 spline 108mm 6-bolt rear CV joint made from an all new 300M material.

Extra Clearance. This light weight one piece aluminum driveshaft features a 3.5" diameter design giving extra clearance needed to avoid interference that can happen on lowered Mustangs equipped with a 4" shaft.

High Speed Balanced. Balanced on one of the most sophisticated balancing machines in the industry, at up to 9500RPM (revolutions per minute) this one piece driveshaft is rated for use up to 900 horsepower.

Application. This One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft from The Driveshaft Shop is designed specifically for use on 2011 to 2014 GT and BOSS Mustangs, equipped with either a 6-speed Manual or Automatic transmission.

rSDokIm.jpg

CguCXi4.jpg

0KKoIYC.jpg

2l8wUXx.jpg

dDzFQhw.jpg

LxNBwed.jpg

YIAiA2x.jpg

ldxEUyA.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back