Effect Of Cold Weather On Poly Bushings

Jon_Purdy

forum member
Reaction score
It's a bit cold here in southeast Michigan. Is it normal for poly bushings to squeek when it is cold outside?

Jon

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt them. I drove mine last winter up hear in Canada with my CHE LCA's and the were pretty squeaky at times. In the spring I dropped the arms and thoroughly cleaned the contact points then re-lubed the contact points with synthetic grease,reinstalled the arms and torqued to spec(129 ft/lbs). No more squeaks.

Z

zimm17

Squeeek!!!

Did you put the silicone super gooey grease on the bushings? Doesn't hurt anything, just annoying.

Jon_Purdy

forum member
Reaction score
Squeeek!!!

Did you put the silicone super gooey grease on the bushings? Doesn't hurt anything, just annoying.

Yes. More than enough. As long as the squeek is normal, I'll just turn the radio up!

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm using Slick 50 grease and they work fine. A few squeaks here and there when it dips into the 20s, but besides that, just keep them lubed.

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My steeda tri-ax stiffened right up to the point where it's impossible to shift after being not driven for a month. It has 2 poly bushings in it. It was fine last winter but something happened this year

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back