Engine runs lean when cold with clutch in

Someguy

Reaction score
So my 06 GT have had these symptoms for a while since I had it.. don’t bother me when I just drive it on my weekends, but last couple weeks I’m had to daily the car and it was annoying.

The car idles fine when cold and drives fine when it’s warm. It starts right up and idles fine cold also if you leave it alone. But if you step on the clutch when it’s still cold it will proceed to run lean for a few seconds and appear to miss a bit, and return to normal a few seconds later whether you are holding the clutch down or not. So basically the first few minutes when I drive before it’s warmed up, like just getting out of a parking spot or get moving from a stop light, whatever way i try to throttle it will hestitate and bog before it will get going. However the engine had never stalled on me. I have an AFR gauge and every time the hestitation and missing happens the gauge pegs all the way to the right at 16 (highest my gauge will show). Otherwise it always seem to idle fine at high 14 and low 15s

I had mentioned my cold engine issue to my tuner before and his conclusion was it may take time and money to dial it out. I don’t drive this car as often as I liked some kinda left it at that. But that’s before I was able to pinpoint the pattern that it only hesitates after I step on the clutch.

So could it still be something mechanical on my engine like a vacuum leak or something? Or should I just really suck it up to do another tune and hope for the best

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who is your tuner?
The reputable tuners will have you log the problem and send revisions as needed.

Back