Emissions Help!

Silver06

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am planning on putting on LT's this week. I sold my O/R H to a friend and put the stock H-Pipe back on temporarily. I have needed to get inspected for a few months so I thought this would be the ideal time to do it.

I have been three times and keep getting "Not Ready" for both the Catalyst and Evap tests. I believe the only reason that I am getting this is because I disconnected the battery about a week ago when I was doing the exhaust work. I was told the Evap test will take alot of driving before it will reset, but researched here and thought the Catalyst would reset within a few driving cycles. It has been 5 days and about 170 miles of driving, and I still got the same result when I took it back at lunch.

Last year I passed with no problem with the same tune, and a Bassani Catted X-Pipe. Any ideas, or suggestions as to what I can do to get this thing to pass? I thought this was going to be the right time and an easy process.....

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If the tune is the same, then maybe you should try doing an actual driving cycle.
Not saying it will fix it.. but it probably wouldn't hurt.

acervas1

forum member
Reaction score
I'm curious too, I'm wondering if I need to take mine completely back to stock (minus headers) before I go get mine inspected. But I didn't think Texas emmissions were that strict.

Anyone in Houston with a modded GT know of a place to go for inspections? :worship:

srt2stang725

Reaction score
it shouldnt take that long for your monitors to be ready....I just went through the same thing. Is this the same tune for your offroad h? If it is then the rear o2s are turned off and that will cause your moniters never to be ready. You will have to get an inspection tune with the rear o2s turned on. I bought pypes cats from american muscle and i welded them in and ran an inspection tune in order to pass. Took 3 months of messing around with different options to finally pass 2 weeks ago.

FordMotorHEAD

The TIRE PIMP !!!
Reaction score
Ok, so I am planning on putting on LT's this week. I sold my O/R H to a friend and put the stock H-Pipe back on temporarily. I have needed to get inspected for a few months so I thought this would be the ideal time to do it.

I have been three times and keep getting "Not Ready" for both the Catalyst and Evap tests. I believe the only reason that I am getting this is because I disconnected the battery about a week ago when I was doing the exhaust work. I was told the Evap test will take alot of driving before it will reset, but researched here and thought the Catalyst would reset within a few driving cycles. It has been 5 days and about 170 miles of driving, and I still got the same result when I took it back at lunch.

Last year I passed with no problem with the same tune, and a Bassani Catted X-Pipe. Any ideas, or suggestions as to what I can do to get this thing to pass? I thought this was going to be the right time and an easy process.....

That happened to BlueBloodS197 and it was the tune he switched tunes from the dyno tuned one to the stock one before getting to the inspection place, and it passed. We were about a quarter mile down the street when it was switched cause after we left it kicked some codes on, so try it if it doesn't work I know a place that might be able to help you out that is off of spring cypress.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The evap is the easiest one to get to go to ready; drive the car 5 minutes or so between 30-70 (or maybe up to 60), then wait 6 hours, like overnight. Then drive again, and the evap will go to ready on that 2nd drive. (Done this many times, checking the OBDII readiness after each drive; in fact, I counted on the timing of the readiness to get it inspected twice now, with the 2nd drive being on the way to the inspection shop.)

For the cats, that's usually the tune has them turned off. But if you only have 2 not readys, get one of them ready, and you'll still pass with 1 not ready.

Yeah, it can be a PITA, but not impossible to pass.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back