Engine lift points?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is how I've done it. The leveler helps alot.

Not to thread hi-jack, in keeping with the same theme, how do you transfer your long block from an engine stand to the leveler / hoist when the 2 top transmission bolts are used for the engine stand?

Is the recommended approach to set the leveler up, attach the leveler front to the top alternator bolts and on the rear top transmission bolts (attached to the engine stand) to remove each rear engine stand bolt while at the same time threading the leveler chain bolts in from the front?

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How high off the ground do you have to have the car off the ground to do a combined engine & transmission install?

I had the front on the ground & the back up about a foot. It gives a better angle to get everything in when doing transmission & motor at the same time.

Thanks for the pics guys! Also where'd y'all get your lift chains from?

Mine came with the leveler.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Not to thread hi-jack, in keeping with the same theme, how do you transfer your long block from an engine stand to the leveler / hoist when the 2 top transmission bolts are used for the engine stand?

Is the recommended approach to set the leveler up, attach the leveler front to the top alternator bolts and on the rear top transmission bolts (attached to the engine stand) to remove each rear engine stand bolt while at the same time threading the leveler chain bolts in from the front?

That's how I've done it. I think Ford has lifting fixtures for the block if you wanted to spend the coin for them.

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
There is a M16X2 hole on the front of the left head and back of the right head. I made these brackets to use those points. Works with the trans attached also.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back