Engine not running right

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a friend in my mustang club who needs help with his 2006 mustang gt , he took his car to the dealership to have checked out and they told him his oil pump caused his engine to break down, any way long story short he purchased a short block from another engine builder, engines in the car and after all the money he has spent on it , the engine is doing the same as before. When the car gets to operating temp it starts running bad like it is going to die,Idles good but runs bad when you try to drive or When hit gas peddle. Please he needs honest answers to what could be wrong, so all jokes aside! he doesn't need any of them! he's at his last resort, so please help me diagnose what wrong with his mustang and lets get him back on the road...

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
There are so many possibilities. Sounds like a sensor or tune issue to me. Are there any codes?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

07 Boss

Reaction score
And what have you done to diagnose the issue? There are three basic ingredients needed to make an engine run. Fuel, air and spark. Start there. Who is tuning the car? have you done any data logging. More detail on the symptoms would help too. Running bad when you give it gas doesn't say a whole lot as far a trying to diagnose it.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Did he replace the destroyed phasers, solenoids, and cylinder heads while he did the short block or did he poison the new build and toast all of the replacement parts?

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Well, it's evidently something he retained from the old motor. What else was replaced besides the block?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Did he replace the destroyed phasers, solenoids, and cylinder heads while he did the short block or did he poison the new build and toast all of the replacement parts?

It didn't destroy anything, I actually think that Ford tech dropped the ball on saying his oil pump went out. I think and he thinks the same thing is he spent a lot of money on having engine built that didn't have the need to. I've given him a lot of the info you and the members have posted here and i'll let you know what happens in the end.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yikes. :(

Typically though when you lose bearings anything that has oil going through it is junk.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back