Spark Plug and Oil Consumption (Rebuilt Engine)

Mustang504

Reaction score
Yes, there should be a hose on the passenger side if your hose on the driver's side is still hooked up. You see the vacuum from the manifold draws crankcase gases through your pcv valve but the air you are running through there is coming in unmetered. The hose on the passenger side should draw air from the intake tube after the MAF. Now you have the option of just deleting the system all together, but you must get rid of the hoses from both sides of the motor. If not they both need to be intact.
Ok. Because I'm running a blow through style paxton 2200 so it's a little different than your standard Cold Air Intake. I have no bosses to connect to on the charge pipe.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Ok. Because I'm running a blow through style paxton 2200 so it's a little different than your standard Cold Air Intake. I have no bosses to connect to on the charge pipe.

Well I might think about deleting the pcv system all together then for a couple of reasons. One, when your under boost the pcv valve will remain closed due to the manifold pressure and everything evacuates through the breather filter anyways. Two, it eliminates any oil contamination to your intake and cylinders which also lowers your octane rating.

Personally I would remove the pcv valve from the valve cover and run a 3 breather set up. You will have to change your oil more often but I think it's the best option. I've been running breathers and venting to the atmosphere from day 1 without any issues.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I have taken this path as well and it works. Remove the check valve from the left valve cover and vent both valve covers to a remote vented catch can.

Mustang504

Reaction score
And I just purchased a Moroso catch can for almost 200 and it's not vented SMH.

I purchased 2 K&N breathers for the valve covers and 2 vacuum caps for the intake.

I also picked up a filter for the oil filler cap. I will look into removing the valve in the drivers side head but how exactly do I do that?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
There are several ways to set up a PCV system. Some work better than others. Pretty simple really. If you connect the intake manifold to the crankcase oil will eventually find its way into the cylinders.
This is the setup that works for me. Remove the PCV tube from the valve cover. I ground the rivets flush to remove the baffle then pulled the tube out. I found fittings at Summit Racing to install in the valve covers. The right side simply replaces the oil fill cap.

2CDAA5DF-8F90-4F9B-9E4A-4BEA5E41763E.jpeg

639141D0-DF4C-410F-9859-350D953A8A3C.jpeg

425B84DB-6818-4D56-ABF5-3EE1677345BC.jpeg

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
You can see the 3/4” hose adapters on the #12 AN fittings on each cover and ultimately, the Moroso vented catch can on the firewall. This system has no connection to the engine intake. It freely vents the crankcase and no oil is forced out through the seals or gaskets.

E3C8A50A-A64F-4910-90D6-74F64C97B0A3.jpeg

7525D680-DF6F-4ABD-AAA4-7018BA28E60C.jpeg

Last edited:

Mustang504

Reaction score
There are several ways to set up a PCV system. Some work better than others. Pretty simple really. If you connect the intake manifold to the crankcase oil will eventually find its way into the cylinders.
This is the setup that works for me. Remove the PCV tube from the valve cover. I ground the rivets flush to remove the baffle then pulled the tube out. I found fittings at Summit Racing to install in the valve covers. The right side simply replaces the oil fill cap.

View attachment 87183

View attachment 87184

View attachment 87185

Sir.. if you're ever in New Orleans, I owe you a beer! People like you should run for president . Many thanks for being a great human being. Peace and blessing

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back