Eric Brooks Tuning

BLKS197

Formerly TAJoerg
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I ordered a D1SC procharger kit today for my car. I am really looking for a solid tuner, and when one of the guys in the local late model muscle car group said he was flying in Eric Brooks for a group tune I was very interested. He sounds like a very good tuner, and from the work I see on his website it looks like he has tuned some very nice cars. I would just like to hear from anyone who has had any experience with him, and his tuning. I know I have pm'd a few people on the forum, but I would like to get some more info. All that I ask for are reasons for why you feel the way you do. Its easy to tell me someone is great/terrible, I want to know what experience has given you that opinion.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As soon as I get my parts installed and there isn't all this damn salt on the roads, I am having him remote tune my car. I have heard nothing but good things about his tuning.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of remote tuning with Eric. He communicates very well, and really knows his stuff. My car was more than a local tuner could handle, but Eric got some big issues fixed within one or two iterations. Highly recommended, especially if you can do it in person all at once.

matt texass

Reaction score
I'm in the process of remote tuning with Eric. He communicates very well, and really knows his stuff. My car was more than a local tuner could handle, but Eric got some big issues fixed within one or two iterations. Highly recommended, especially if you can do it in person all at once.

+100

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I have Brookspeeds 91 tune, Bama's 91 race, 91 tq, 89tq and 87 per. I am satisfied with both company's tunes. I will switch back and forth between different tunes. As far as I know, Eric doesn't offer race, track, per, tq tunes. His told me those tunes are mostly smoke in mirrors.

I also dynoed bama's 91 tq tune and brookspeeds 91 tune back to back. Inconclusive as both tunes dynoed within 1-2 hp/tq of each other which is what I was expecting anyway.

Last edited:

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
i have an email tune from him. i've had bama, a local custom dyno tune, but i use eric's tune.

Same here. Had problems with Bama's tunes and service. In the end, I couldn't be happier with Eric's tune.

I went to a local dyno day, and after hearing the operator rag on email tunes all morning, I told him I had one before they strapped my car down. Three pulls and the operator said they could tweak it if I wanted at the end of the day, but I would be looking at low single-digit gains at best. I'm just running basic bolt-ons, but the numbers were very nice and curves were flat as a pancake.

BLKS197

Formerly TAJoerg
Reaction score
How is the street drive-ability of his tunes. Bigray327 and White05gt, I'm hoping you can give me a little input, because I will have a centrifugial set up as well.

matt texass

Reaction score
How is the street drive-ability of his tunes. Bigray327 and White05gt, I'm hoping you can give me a little input, because I will have a centrifugial set up as well.

Procharger P1 his tune was amazing. Driveability was amazing.

matt texass

Reaction score
:rock: Procharger D1SC...I know he likes to use dynojet which isnt load bearing IIRC. Does he street tune along with the dyno pulls?

Mine was all street tuning with me datalogging (remote tune requires you to use a wideband).

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On a personal level - Eric and I have had our up's and down's but he is for sure a very competent tuner and I have never questioned or disputed that. I would feel very comfortable using him for tuning.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't had him tune my car yet, mainly waiting on the weather to cooperate before I get it tuned.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm still in the process with Eric, but already the car drives better than it did after two dedicated custom dyno tunes with a local tuner. I had BAD cold start issues, and those are 95% gone now, and will surely be completely gone soon. I'm impressed with his attention to detail and willingness to make things perfect.

I don't wanna sound like too much of a poster child. I've had companies start out strong and then flame out and crash before delivering a usable product. Rest assured I will let you know if the story changes, but so far I have nothing but good things to say.

One more thing: if you have a complex set-up and require a remote custom tune, don't expect it to take 2 days and you'll be done. It's been over a month, for me, working around a couple of scheduling issues and the holidays.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I had Eric come up and tune my car and the results were nothing short of fantastic. The day to day driveability is second to none, just as good as when the car was stock if not better in some respects. We tried the remote tuning route for a while and my combo was radical enough that it just wasn't working out, not to mention the fact that the injector specs that FRPP originally release for the 80lb injectors were flat out wrong. Within 2 hours of starting from scratch Eric had my car dialed in as much as it could be with a slipping clutch. Once I had a new clutch and broke it in, a couple of small tweaks remotely and the car was tuned perfectly.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
He tuned my car and did a pretty good job with it. Cool person to work with. He later modified my tune when I wanted to adjust the driveability with no problems and had a pretty fast turnaround.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Eric has been very helpfull with a lot of questions I've asked him, I dont use a tune from him but he certainly know what he does and he being able to offer "online" tuning is great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back