Ethenol in our Gas?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What we need is some good old biodiesel and more diesel vehicles - truly renewable, practical, and as far as we know, is environmentally-friendly.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What we need is some good old biodiesel and more diesel vehicles - truly renewable, practical, and as far as we know, is environmentally-friendly.
Uh, not enough of it...

Feces of various forms is used as fertilizer so you are back to the corn problem...

The amount of biodiesel available from restaurants can surely keep Willy and a few nuts running, but if we all switched there would be fights behind the KFC...

p.s. I do think we should start looking at decentralized power production...

Having a box outback that did solar, natural gas, biodiesel, fuel cell or whatever and generated power on demand and according to available fuel would be a good thing...

If it weren't for the jihad and enviro nuts we could do low-level distributed nuclear generators...

Last edited:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Uh, not enough of it...

Feces of various forms is used as fertilizer so you are back to the corn problem...

The amount of biodiesel available from restaurants can surely keep Willy and a few nuts running, but if we all switched there would be fights behind the KFC...

p.s. I do think we should start looking at decentralized power production...

Having a box outback that did solar, natural gas, biodiesel, fuel cell or whatever and generated power on demand and according to available fuel would be a good thing...

If it weren't for the jihad and enviro nuts we could do low-level distributed nuclear generators...
Couldn't anything organic theoretically be used for fuel? Grass clippings, leaves, wood chippings, etc.? All we do with that stuff is put it in a compost pile...may as well put it to use. Not to mention all the oils, as you said, from the restaurants.

Hell, I wonder if hair could work. Soylent Green!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Couldn't anything organic theoretically be used for fuel?
Yes, but not everything has equal cost of processing...

Something has to break the organic down into a combustion friendly compound... In a cow stomach that is stomach acid and various bacteria. There are various endeavors trying to replicate this and this is the foundation of "celulosic" ethanol production, but we aren't there yet. We would be better off taking all the ethanol subsidies and applying it to that sort of research (trying to find sustainable, scaleable biologic production of fuel) than we are with this corn ethanol boondoggle.

I agree, there are sources of biodiesel that are underutilized, but that is far from saying there is enough going to waste that it could "replace" any significant quantity of gas or ethanol without an equivalent detrimental economic impact...

There is no way around chemistry and conservation of energy - if there isn't a 1000yr supply of "it" lying around so that we can let later generations find their own fuel source - you have to close the equation and it has to produce more energy in a usable form than it requires to run the reaction or it is a downward spiral in every respect...

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... it must be the good ole days now... I have 10 gallons of Sunoco 110 in my garage. :clap:

I know ya can still get it, but ya can't just drive to the Sunoco station like ya could in the 60s and early 70s and filler up at the pump!

How much is that shit a gallon now? $6??

Mike

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are getting robbed. I can buy VP C14+ trackside for $3 a gal or 55 gal drum, delivered to my door, for $96

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I wish I could get a drum delivered to my house.

I'm guessing the EPA and the CDEQ/CEPA are screwwing you guys with taxes and restrictions.

Can you guys get / use Torco M114 or Torco race fuel concentrate in CA? They have a 5 gal drum of concentrate for $146. Every 10 ounces of concentrate added to 25 gal of 93Oct mixes out to an unleaded race fuel eqv. to 107 Oct.

http://www.torcostore.com/default.htm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back