Evap canister removal 2011-up

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has removed their Evap canister from their 2011-up Mustang? If so any issues? Can it just be turned off in the tune to keep CEL off?
I was thinking of removing it from my 2014 if possible to clean it up under there and keep from dragging it when I launch at the track :idea:

My warranty was voided today when I removed the engine and all the factory suspension and converter anyways LOL
So that is not a issue

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did remove all of mine, it was a good weight reduction and as long as the emissions are turned off in the tune you will have no issues; I did mine on my 2010 but can't see it being a whole lot of difference for the the 2011+.

3vstang

forum member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has removed their Evap canister from their 2011-up Mustang? If so any issues? Can it just be turned off in the tune to keep CEL off?
I was thinking of removing it from my 2014 if possible to clean it up under there and keep from dragging it when I launch at the track :idea:

My warranty was voided today when I removed the engine and all the factory suspension and converter anyways LOL
So that is not a issue

I pulled mine. Had the codes turned off in the tune. P0443 & P0446 if I remember correctly. No issues.

*Edit - For reference sake, the EVAP Hardware from my 2006 totaled 16.5lbs and for the 2011 it totaled 8.5lbs. That is, however, still leaving the stainless lining connected in both situations. Weight is weight, although I would not consider this a good "chunk" of weight removal for the 2011+, I was disappointed.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I cut and removed the SS lines on the 2010 but I can't see it being more than 2 lbs.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I have to replace my evap canister when I get my car back from the dealer. It cracked and they're saying it's my fault because my car is lowered (1 inch) and that I must have hit something.

Sucks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back