EXEDY FMK 1011 Issue

Patrik Vrablic

Reaction score
Hello
After installing Clutch Exedy FMK 1011 into the 2006 Mustang GT I found out the problem.
I can't shift any gears when the engine is running. Problem is in the bearing which is too short for press clutch enough. I can only shift when the engine is off. What now?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Assuming you have successfully bled the clutch, the clutch is not disengaging.
You will be pulling trans, checking throwout bearing preload. Inspecting for anything unusual visually. If it is not a bleeding or preload issue, it is a mech issue.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
From DOB (member here)

The slave should be pre-loaded correctly.
-Measure from the block/trans mounting surface to the tips of the "finger springs" on the pressure plate.
-Measure from the mounting surface on the bell housing to the "face" of the slave.
-You're going to need to account for the thickness of the "bell housing spacer/plate" into one of the above measurements. Or just put in on the block and do the first measurement with it already on there.
-Take your two measurements and see how much pre-load is being placed on the slave when the trans is bolted up. You want about one inch.
-Shim for goal
Depending on a lot of things I have run shims anywhere from 1/8-1/2" to get things right.

here's my spacer drawing (mine was 3/8):
3_8 spacer TR3650.idw.png

FryDaddy

Reaction score
Hello
After installing Clutch Exedy FMK 1011 into the 2006 Mustang GT I found out the problem.
I can't shift any gears when the engine is running. Problem is in the bearing which is too short for press clutch enough. I can only shift when the engine is off. What now?
Did you use a new flywheel if not you can get a shim for fly wheel and tob. Or it could be master cylinder or line.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back