F150 Ecoboost Builds

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Gotta love the name drop.
I measured my stock height 2013 at 6'8" from ground to top and it fit in a 7' garage.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I scared myself when I got home with it but clears by few inches, factory height 13 Fx4 super cab on 275/55/20's (32's). I only plan to partially level and go to 33ish so shouldn't be issue

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a build comment but a bitch about Ford's "builds"; so far the TB failed, the door latch would not close under cold weather, had to do the tech writers job for them and bring the TSB into them to prove there was one for said issue, had to wait 2 months for parts, went to pick it up today after the repairs and as I am trying to leave the drivers door would not close...sigh...and the center console drivers side panel is warped....starting to question the quality of Ford....

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Not a build comment but a bitch about Ford's "builds"; so far the TB failed, the door latch would not close under cold weather, had to do the tech writers job for them and bring the TSB into them to prove there was one for said issue, had to wait 2 months for parts, went to pick it up today after the repairs and as I am trying to leave the drivers door would not close...sigh...and the center console drivers side panel is warped....starting to question the quality of Ford....

Just a 2016 thing? My 2015 hasn't had a single problem.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Well, my doors have been frozen quite a few days in the past couple months. Never had an issue opening the door.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I measured my door this weekend and I have roughly 82", maybe 83" at the lowest point of the door. Sounds like a stock height won't be any trouble, but a lift and tires could be. Seems like I read that some folks were able to get by with a 4" lift and 33s.

EDIT: I should mention that this was on the previous body style, the newer ones may sit higher.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
4" on 33's will look really small IMO - you might as well just go for a level.

I actually like the look. IMO, it's a similar look to a 6" with 35's, just lower height. I am probably going the same route.... if I ever get that far. Allows you to run a non-E rated tire to save on rotational weight (yeah yeah... I can commit to the big tire gas mileage and power loss). No argument that 6" and 35s are where it's at. I just can't go that high or heavy.

4" with 33s (not my truck):

Attachments

• 4 with 33 b.jpg
    4 with 33 b.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
So a "level" kit just brings the front end up to level with the rear? I know nothing about trucks.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
So a "level" kit just brings the front end up to level with the rear? I know nothing about trucks.

Correct... or close to it. I would not go above a 2" level. I am running a 2.5" and it wore out the ball joints in the truck fairly quickly (~15kmi). The billsteins 5100s are a popular option run at the 1.5 setting, which leaves you with some rake (tail to nose slope). Depending on the length of your truck, a 2" should get rid of most, if not all, the rake. I ran the 2.5 because I have a SCREW long bed... but I also bought the 3" rear blocks because I wanted the truck to still have a small amount of rake.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
When I had my 2013 I actually dropped the spring blocks out the rear to level it. Still ran 33" tires too no problem.

With the 2015 I got adjustable height fox coilovers though... ride is substantially more stable on the dirt roads around here.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea i removed the leveling kit from my 04 truck, and the rear 2" blocks.

just went to stock wheels and tires though, not big on the big offroad setups

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score

Actually it just raises your headlights so you blind every other driver on the road. Most truck owners who do this will argue with you about why it isn't their problem if other drivers are bothered by their headlights as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back