F150 Ecoboost Builds

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spent 10 hours today finishing my stereo build.

Here's the installed amp rack with everything wired up. So clean!

I definitely impressed myself, seeing as I've never done this.

20121101_201344.jpg

20121101_201354.jpg

I'm working on a full write up.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Bumping this back to the top. Looking into possibly getting into a EB F150 this winter... but like anything I own, I can't leave it stock.

I have a demo 13' FX4 Screw with the 5.0 right now and it feels nice, but the EB will probably be a better bet for me since I won't have to do much power wise.

What exhausts have you guys looked at for these things? Obviously the V8 will sound better, but does anyone make a quiet less restrictive exhaust for these?

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I snouldn't have bought the Wrangler and saved up a bit more for an EB! Oh well, maybe in the future. Great looking trucks everyone!!!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Here is the best one I've heard so far...Solo also makes a good setup. A lot of if not all the cheaper exhausts sound like rice burners at certain rpms.

http://youtu.be/MfiSwhmY3YU

That doesn't sound too bad. SW stuff usually doesn't disappoint. The other one I heard is the heartthrob, which also sounds pretty good. I've been going back and forth for a new daily driver so I'm trying to make a decision this winter.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Just put some new BFG's on mine...275/70/18. It's a 33" tire and no problem with rubbing even at full lock. Gas mileage did go down by 3mpg though.

Attachments

• P1010031 (640x480).jpg
    P1010031 (640x480).jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 71

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
As soon as Christmas season is over ill be ordering the autospring and exhaust and might buy wheels and tires early with tax return money when I get it back

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Looking hard at these trucks now, I really need to replace my old 03. I really like the FX4s. Just wondering how yall all feel about your ecoboost trucks after having them a few months or so. Do you still love it? Wish you would have went with the 5.0? How much towing have you done, etc.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Still love mine. I've put over 4000 miles on it and not a problem. I had a 03 F150 as well and the pulling power is 10x better. I don't pull whole lot but I loaded up my teryx and bayou and it didn't have a problem pulling those 2 together

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking hard at these trucks now, I really need to replace my old 03. I really like the FX4s. Just wondering how yall all feel about your ecoboost trucks after having them a few months or so. Do you still love it? Wish you would have went with the 5.0? How much towing have you done, etc.

No towing yet, but 3787 miles and love mine more than the day I bought it.

If I did it again, I'd get the same truck or a Raptor.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
No towing yet, but 3787 miles and love mine more than the day I bought it.

If I did it again, I'd get the same truck or a Raptor.

Looked at one just like yours. They wanted 54k for it. I Lmao'ed and moved on to another dealer.

The invoice on the one I'm looking at is 41k with almost 6k incentives gets it to just over 36k. Is this in line with the deals others are getting?

I know these things have amazing power and take off. Looking forward to getting in one.

Raptor, wow would love one, but I'd really have to give up some other toys! Lol!
Thanks for y'all's help and the info.

Sent from iPhone

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
That's probably the only other truck I would trade mine in for would be a raptor. Sticker on mine was 47 and I paid 39 on the road tax and all

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got mine for $42k. Just for reference point.

I love my moon roof, have it open every single night.

The Nav is great, but the Sony stereo is a bit lacking.

I threw in a Lockpick so I can play DVDs in motion through the factory HU, and upgraded to an all JL Audio stereo.

Can't say enough how much I love this truck!

If you are set on getting it, hit up Franchi for an incredible price on a Stainless Works exhaust for it. His deal ends tomorrow iirc.

I'm going with a 4" Rancho lift or all the way with a 6" BDS lift with coilovers. Still budgeting for it though.

To everyone in here, order yourself a tailgate lock. They get stolen in minutes, and are incredibly expensive to replace.

I ordered a McGard lock yesterday morning and it was shipped that afternoon. $30 and I can forget about tailgate theft.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0043SCBD4

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Love mine. 6.5k miles and counting. Perfect daily driver for what I need and like. Mine is an xlt and stickered for $43 or $42k and I got it for $33 out the door.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back