F150 Ecoboost Builds

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Hit up a dyno day yesterday locally. Truck put down 375 rwhp and 552 torque which I was pretty happy with. Think it shocked a few of the people who were there. Lol

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Got passed by a old guy in this truck today. Zoom in on the tailgate if you can't see it. I lol'd a little
1B38D08F-FD7D-40C4-AA8F-1BFB66BEA0F1-16344-0000158BF4A198B0_zps9ea611f4.jpg

Edit: when I zoomed in it was hard to see. Here's a zoom in from my phone should be better
B4C1CFDA-9F32-4E5E-9FA2-82076E7E6EEE-16344-0000158CEA60B91B_zps06d925ec.jpg

Last edited:

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
I just looked and I dont have one of the rear emblem but Ill take a pic of it tomorrow and post it up.

And lol at the twin turbo, haulin ass, sippin gas. Looks like he's in Ohio where Im at as well. That's hilarious...

05GT3V

Reaction score
I'm going back and forth thinking about trading in my '07 Mark LT for an ecob00000st, but was wondering how the fuel mileage is on them after they have been tuned up?

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Guys you can get the black emblems like Nicks (appearance package) from Tasca Ford eBay store for about 115 bucks for the set iirc. I was going to order them for mine.

Sent from iPhone

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Fuck me. I just test drove a new FX4 Ecoboost. Wife wants to trade in her equinox on a new explorer so I was out test driving the explorer when a nice clean white fx4 Ecoboost was on the lot. Had to take it for a spin haha. I wish they weren't redesigning the 2015 so I can go ahead and jump on one of these for me

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Here's pic as requested Nasty. Although the guy who made em, Moody Blue over on F150, did mention that he was taking a month or two break from making emblems as he is getting married soon and new job or something. He is getting current orders caught up but not taking any new ones right now I dont think.

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
Although the guy who made em, Moody Blue over on F150, did mention that he was taking a month or two break from making emblems as he is getting married soon and new job or something. He is getting current orders caught up but not taking any new ones right now I dont think.

I found some painted emblems and will likely wind up using them, so if he's not making them for a bit I may sell my front and rear overlays; I'll still be using the one for the steering wheel though.

I installed my Lockpick and front camera today. The front camera is pretty awesome and with the MyTouch II Lockpick you can set it to come on automatically under 7 MPH or toggle it on manually. Not too sure if that is an option on the older Nav systems with the FIM Lockpick or not.

To install the front camera you need to take off the 9" emblem from the grill and install the rear camera base, so it converts the front emblem to a 7" (exactly the same as the factory rear camera). Overall not a real hard install, just need to take your time when you're drilling through the base that the original emblem was attached too; a dremel helps as well.

I also hooked up my old 80GB Zune I had sitting around and filled it up with movies. I plan on installing one of the docking stations in the center console (with remote) and leave it plugged into either the 110V outlet or the USB 2 port if that will keep it charged.

I'll try to get some pics of the camera tomorrow in the event anyone is interested in what it looks like.

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
I really want to do the front camera....no shit, I'm stoked to see pics and a write up.

Anyone figure out watching DVDs while in motion with the my touch system?

What's the lockpick system do for you? I'm trying to google what it is.

I think I answered my own question. This unlocks the my touch for DVD in motion and more cameras...right????

Last edited:

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the kit I purchased which includes the front camera and the Lockpick.

https://www.camera-source.com/produ...le-camera-system-includes-mytouch-ii-lockpick

And here is the manual for the Lockpick which covers everything it does and a video on how to get access to the radio.

http://www.coastaletech.com/media/2013Videos/NEW Ford MyTouch FIM Lockpick Instructions2.pdf

Keep in mind that the new nav system in the 2013's is not DVD based, so the video in motion comes from the composite input in your center console (white, red and yellow). I decided against using my Zune for video and instead ordered one of these which I should have tomorrow or Wednesday.

http://www.amazon.com/Micca-Speck-F...F8&qid=1367288011&sr=8-1&keywords=micca+speck

I'll try and get some picks of the camera up tomorrow (been raining here the past couple of days) and maybe even get some video of it in action.

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
^^ good info there...that sucks it's not dvd based.

so the Micca Speck shows its HDMI out? are you going to convert that to composite to make it work?

Yeah take pics of the camera viewing on the screen? my buddy wants to see that.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love my lockpick on my '12 Sony Nav.

I just bookmarked that link, as I want a front camera for the wife's Explorer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
^^ good info there...that sucks it's not dvd based.

so the Micca Speck shows its HDMI out? are you going to convert that to composite to make it work?

Yeah take pics of the camera viewing on the screen? my buddy wants to see that.

Having DVD would be nice, but being able to have 100's of movies/videos available without swapping disks will be nice as well.

The Micca Speck has both HDMI and composite connections. It uses a breakout cable for the composite though. You can see the AV port in this pic on the left side.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61bjwhVUvzL._SL1280_.jpg

It's supposed to stop raining here tomorrow, so I'll try to get some pics up and will take my GoPro with me to work and work on getting some video of it in action too.

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome...can't wait. I currently have my entire DVD collection on a nas in Mkv formats. So just copying them to a thumb drive will be easy to view them in the truck using this device. Super cool.

If I wanted tv units in each head rest...does the lockpick help with this or will I need a different device to add that.

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
It depends if you want to have independent video capability in the headrests or if you just want it to show the same video that is displaying on the front screen. If you add a front camera than you'll have 1 video input remaining on the Lockpick. So, if you have monitors in each headrest you would need a 2-to-1 splitter to get the video to show on both. If you want independent capabilities than you'll be looking at having to split both video and audio which will require external amplifiers or wireless headsets to accomplish.

EDIT- Forget what I just wrote about using the Lockpick! If you use the second video input on the Lockpick you won't have video on the front screen. So, if you want the same video on all monitors you will just need a splitter. If you have monitors in each headrest than you need a 3-to-1 splitter; you'll need an amplified splitter likely too running 3 monitors off a single input. For independent video the above still stands :thumb:

It stopped raining for a bit, so here are some pics of the camera and how I ran the wire into the cab.

I painted the base gloss black and you can see my KC Hilites light bar with no lights :chairfall:

IMAG0245.jpg

You can get a glimpse of my clean front grill in this one

IMAG0246.jpg

Backside of the emblem and can see the area I grinded away to allow room for the camera

IMAG0250.jpg

Clips behind the upper grill bar to hide the wire

IMAG0251.jpg

A zip-tie on one of the clips and then on its way behind the fire mat

IMAG0252.jpg

Into the cab it goes

IMAG0254.jpg

I'll get some video of the camera in action along with using the front and rear while driving tomorrow on my way to work. My Micca is set to arrive tomorrow as well :thumb:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back