f2 procharger

big

Reaction score
Has anyone put a f2 on a 05-up mustang yet?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
just asking i just havent seen it yet.
Proboly wont fint many street applications with it . The F1a is one hell of a blower and wiil do all any car that is street driven can handle . If 30 psi is not enough then a F2 will need to be looked into . I make 20 spi on a 3.97 pulley with ported heads , LTs , on a 302 with lots of mods on an F1a . This thing could easily make 30 psi with a smaller pulley. ( On someone elses motor )

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
uh oh...I ordered my F1-C with a 3.7 :omfg:
When I was in Geogia the car mad 22 psi on a 4.1 but that same pulley here made like 18 psi . Slip maybe ? IDK The thing is all my pulleys made more boost there . All about the same to , about 4 psi more . Maybe I should check into a 12 rib or a cog myself . I would love to make the same boost on a larger pulley. Now would be the ideal time to put it on while the motor is still out . Problem is that is what I keep saying about everything , thus the reason its still out. BTW my lower is the same size as the Procharger std pulley for these cars. I think its a 7.625 .

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is 7.65" and that is what I also run.
With a 3.7 upper, I'll be spinning the head unit to it's max rated RPM (74000) at around 6600prm +/-

I will be tuning in GA next time also. It will be interesting to see the how much boost difference there is.

Back to the original topic..... I'd like to know more about who's running an F2, I have not heard of this on an '05+ car.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I've not talked to anyone directly who is running an F2. I did talk to Procharger about the possibility of running an F2 and none of the bracketry would work for the current S197 kit. If you did it, it sounds like it would be a totally custom job. What kind of power are you trying to make if you were to go with the F2? I'm at 700 at the tires now with stock heads, cams and intake manifold. I'm pretty sure I could make another 100-150rwhp with ported heads, cams, and a intake manifold pretty easily.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO - you would want 400"+ to push an F2. I would not think about one on a 3V personally.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I've not talked to anyone directly who is running an F2. I did talk to Procharger about the possibility of running an F2 and none of the bracketry would work for the current S197 kit. If you did it, it sounds like it would be a totally custom job. What kind of power are you trying to make if you were to go with the F2? I'm at 700 at the tires now with stock heads, cams and intake manifold. I'm pretty sure I could make another 100-150rwhp with ported heads, cams, and a intake manifold pretty easily.
WOOT ! 800 rw here I come then !

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
How about you loan me your top end package for a couple of weeks old buddy old pal!
I dont even have the intake back from coating yet , oh ya sure done deal , you know it and NOT GOING TO HAPPEN . Sorry, but when its back it has a perfectly good home . Becides with the new coating to match my timming cover and valve covers it , well , just wouldnt look right for ya . LOL!

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Back from the dead!! LOL

Anybody have anymore info on Procharger F2 for the S197? They look to have the kit and brackets now for the S197 platform in a reverse cog belt race kit. Looks like it would pretty nasty if the mod motor has enough to push it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back