Fan problems again

DamanC

Reaction score
So I've replaced the fan speed resistor once already on my 2014. Last weekend I'm about 100 miles from home when my car starts overheating in traffic. I pulled into a parking lot and checked to see if the fan was working, it wasnt, turned on the a/c to see if it would kick the fan on, it didnt. So I let the car cool off went and bought some tools and ran wires directly to the battery for the fan. That worked and got me home. Now I don't want to replace one bad resistor and have another one go out.
Is there a way to wire a fan controler using the factory fan wiring or is there an alternative to the factory controller?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
on my 07 the fan relays overheated and melted in the fuse box under the hood.

I'm not sure if that issue exists on a 2014 but it's worth a look

Tri-bar

Reaction score
The connection to the fan tend to get lose and over heat. I started to melt mine. I pulled it off the fan and took a small screw driver and closed up the pins inside the pig tail. Forced it back on, No issue since, I ordered two new pig tails just in case.

DamanC

Reaction score
I replaced my pigtail with a new one after my last resistor burnt up. I'm looking at just picking up a pwm fan controler and skipping the factory crap.

DamanC

Reaction score
Ok just a quick update. Turns out my fan was bad too, burnt up the pigtail on the new resistor. So I went looking for another new one. The part number for the gt fan resistor is BR3Z8L603A and Ford price is 204$ at most and 90$ at the lowest I could find. Well after some digging, it turns out that the GT-500 part is part number DR3Z8L603A and ford charges 34$ for it.
Figured that may help if anybody els has this problem.
I also picked up a Mishimoto fan and shroud to see if that would help. From the looks of it the Mishimoto shroud should fit behind the intercooler pipes from my Vortech kit. If it works I'm going to look into having some Gt500 style bypass doors welded into it.

Last edited:

HPE800

Reaction score
M-8C607-MSVT Great Upgrade

I went with a SVT GT500 Fan M-8C607-MSVT. I have a NOVI 2200SL no fitment issues....

~ HPE800

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, these fans draw A LOT of amps, particularly on startup. If you are burning the fan resistors, there is too much current draw or resistance. Either way, the fan or it's electrical connectors are the likely suspects.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
I went with a SVT GT500 Fan M-8C607-MSVT. I have a NOVI 2200SL no fitment issues....

~ HPE800

hey, just outta curiosity, my fan went out too, and just bought the GT500 fan. Did you still have to cut off the corners and put in those brackets that came with the novi kit? And if so, do they fit, considering the gt500 fan is slimmer and has those flaps in it?

I didn't get the fan yet, should be here in a few days and I need to prepare myself mentally for untangling that snakepit of piping to replace the damn thing... :help:

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
Ok just a quick update. Turns out my fan was bad too, burnt up the pigtail on the new resistor. So I went looking for another new one. The part number for the gt fan resistor is BR3Z8L603A and Ford price is 204$ at most and 90$ at the lowest I could find. Well after some digging, it turns out that the GT-500 part is part number DR3Z8L603A and ford charges 34$ for it.
Figured that may help if anybody els has this problem.
I also picked up a Mishimoto fan and shroud to see if that would help. From the looks of it the Mishimoto shroud should fit behind the intercooler pipes from my Vortech kit. If it works I'm going to look into having some Gt500 style bypass doors welded into it.

Did you ever install the DR3Z-8L603-A? I have a 2012 GT with the M-8C607-MSVT fan and wonder if it is compatible.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back