Filthy Exhaust...

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
First off ... that is not even the same mufflers... i did not buy them from 07sgt0720.. i wont mention the name but i did buy it from here..

Second... your right for $50 who can complain.. but i paid $200 for these.. different story..

although i tried to buy 07sgt0720's set.. i wouldnt have been complaining with that..

this is a dilemma

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
First off ... that is not even the same mufflers... i did not buy them from 07sgt0720.. i wont mention the name but i did buy it from here..

Second... your right for $50 who can complain.. but i paid $200 for these.. different story..

although i tried to buy 07sgt0720's set.. i wouldnt have been complaining with that..

this is a dilemma

Woah! :omfg:

Post the link to the FS thread mate, or was it not an advertised sale?

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
i made a thread on the WTB section.. the guy pmed me..

im trying not to return.. cause i dont want to be "that guy"

he did send me pictures of them installed on the car so all i saw were the tips.. werent real clear pictures.. he did mention there were "some pitting"

he shipped them fast and they were wrapped nicely..

more than the fact that i want to return these i want to make them work.. if 07sgt0720 helps me with his that would be nice...

07sgt0720

forum member
Reaction score

07sgt0720

forum member
Reaction score
i made a thread on the WTB section.. the guy pmed me..

im trying not to return.. cause i dont want to be "that guy"

he did send me pictures of them installed on the car so all i saw were the tips.. werent real clear pictures.. he did mention there were "some pitting"

he shipped them fast and they were wrapped nicely..

more than the fact that i want to return these i want to make them work.. if 07sgt0720 helps me with his that would be nice...

Let me see what i can do as far as getting them cleaned up nice and good. Then this weekend i will box them up and get a shipping quote for you. Send mpe your address in a pm. I didn't know you got screwed like this. $200 for those?! Really?! I changed my mind i want 500 for mine then lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
You do know that for $200, you could have bought brand new mufflers right? My Flowmaster Super44's we $90 each.

Regardless, if you keep them, sand all the rust off. Use 120grit for the first sanding and have a piece of 80 grit for the really tough areas. Then do a final sanding with 320 to get some of the deeper sanding marks out. Get some high temp Rustolem flat black paint and paint them. Use either 0000 steel wool or 1500 grit sand paper on the tips. Once the tips are clean, use 2000 grit to get them looking good. Then use a good polish to get the shine on the tips. Or, just paint the tips flat black as well.

But I would be PISSED THE FUCK OFF and looking for a refund if I were you. That's plain crazy paying $200 for fucked up mufflers like that.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Isaac seriously bro thats a bad deal. Im with everyone here, you got screwed. Someone took advantage of you. Id be asking for a refund. Those arent worth 200.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score

this is a dilemma

Definitely not my mufflers. Mine are in far better shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

damn dude, I stand corrected. I saw that you had called dibs on those mufflers from 07sgt0720 and assumed those were the ones you snagged up. Well, you know what they say about assuming huh?

Anyways, for 2 bills, you got fucked like a 3 dollar hooker. I'd personally be pissed. I thought that you'd paid $50 for those and basically live and die by the phrase, "you get what you paid for".

I'd let him know calmly that you disagree with the price vs condition of the mufflers and see where that gets you. If nowhere, dispute that one...or let the mods know who it was atleast.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
WOW!

All I can say is post the guys name, and request a refund, or a partial refund for the amount of work you will need to put into those.

People are selling brand new mufflers or like new mufflers for 200-250 shipped!.

You will need to sand those pretty moderately, and def. have them refinished unless you like the faded satin/chrome look.

Very sorry about your situation man.

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
I sent him a email.. its really funny actually..

Everytime i used too read threads like this.. it used to piss me off too..

Guess im just getting older.. Ha

Btw thanks everyone for the advice..

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
i am the guy he bought them off of. he saw the condition in the photos of the ENTIRE muffler assembly from under the car, the tips and the videos of them with a close up shot from the side.

the muffler pitting is normal for the body. the tips need to be polished and he was told that from the beginning. i gave him plenty of tips and websites on how to polish the tips back to normal. if he does not want to take the time to do this is not my fault. he was well informed in the beginning.

i was not trying to screw anyone, and was not trying to "fuck him like a 3$ hooker".

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/568983-how-polish-your-exhaust.html
one example of how to polish exhaust
there are plenty of threads on how to remove road grime and varnish from exhaust systems all over the net.

im done explaining myself, if you all want to ban me go ahead. people were well informed before any money was exhanged.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
i am the guy he bought them off of. he saw the condition in the photos of the ENTIRE muffler assembly from under the car, the tips and the videos of them with a close up shot from the side.

the muffler pitting is normal for the body. the tips need to be polished and he was told that from the beginning. i gave him plenty of tips and websites on how to polish the tips back to normal. if he does not want to take the time to do this is not my fault. he was well informed in the beginning.

i was not trying to screw anyone, and was not trying to "fuck him like a 3$ hooker".

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/568983-how-polish-your-exhaust.html
there are plenty of threads on how to remove road grime and varnish from exhaust systems all over the net.

im done explaining myself, if you all want to ban me go ahead. people were well informed before any money was exhanged.
Woah....Easy there tiger....No one is reaching for the ban hammer.

OP was not throwing you under the bus as you can see he kept your name secret and wanted to work it out with you. $200 is a bit high for some rusty mufflers I paid $20 for some pypes violators that weren't near as bad! But if you told him and showed him pics and he still agreed then you did everything possible to show him what he was getting then your not at fault that is the buyers fault! So now since you have all that extra $$$ go get your self a $3 hooker :roflmao:

07sgt0720

forum member
Reaction score

Regardless of how well he was informed or what pictures were shown, It is just not possible to see the top of the mufflers or the top of the tips. Both of which will be the shittiest looking and fastest parts to rust because they are a hell of a lot harder to clean and keep clean. As soon as you took them off the car you should have realized that they were not worth anywheres near $200 and refunded the man his money or offered them for a fair price. :2cents::beerchug2:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope you can sleep at night. I couldnt. He is gonna have to spend more time and money getting them cleaned up, increasing the overall cost of the mufflers.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back