Finally got rid of my M80s

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
After about 6 months or so of this terrible exhaust rattle, I couldn't take it anymore and decided today was the day to get rid of the M80 Resonators. I narrowed it down to them as it started happening before my longtubes, and I took off my axlebacks about a month ago and I could still hear the rattle. I decided I would take a video of a cold start with the current setup I've had and did a light rev only up to about 3K. It was kind of early and I didn't want to bother the neighbors. Sure enough, after I stopped recording, the rattle made itself known so I took a quick video of that as well.

https://youtu.be/3g1xEvqLlqU

https://youtu.be/qGUP7KrybZg

After taking the resonators out, the car sounds a million times better, no more rattle, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I was worried with long tubes and O/R X it would be too loud but it isn't at all. I'll get another cold start video at some point and if I can ever find some friends, I'll get some actually driving video.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I took my resonators off over the winter but I'm noticing the car has some rasp at WOT that I don't remember it having before...and that's with a catted H pipe. Hm.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I had tinny rasp in my system until I had resonators welded back in.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
One of mine did the same thing. I replaced with MBRP. Got them well priced off amazon. Way better build than the m80s.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
One of mine did the same thing. I replaced with MBRP. Got them well priced off amazon. Way better build than the m80s.

I'm in love with the sound without them for now. It finally sounds like it should with how much money I put into the motor. But I will definitely keep that in mind if I get tired of it. I think I would have to finally buy a new OTA pipe if I did that, with all the cutting and welding thats been done on the stock one.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in love with the sound without them for now. It finally sounds like it should with how much money I put into the motor. But I will definitely keep that in mind if I get tired of it. I think I would have to finally buy a new OTA pipe if I did that, with all the cutting and welding thats been done on the stock one.

Yeah its all good, if you have the tone you want good deal. For my car there was so much trumpeting I couldnt stand it. Cams, LTs, no cats....it was ugly. My tone is super deep with some borla s types out the back as well now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCSQ1Z513yU

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back