Finally installed my DIY side splitters and front splitter 05 GT content

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
These are the ones I got off of ebay:
LONGACRE SPOILER SUPPORT BRACE ADJUSTABLE ANGLE SWIVEL ENDS ALUMINUM #23708
Summit and Jegs both sale them. I will get some pics for you today.

serbiandude

Reaction score
pretty fucking neat if you ask me!!!
well done
car looks great

you should make these and sell them maybe?
id get the side for sure, my front too low for that splitter lol

Last edited:

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score

Some more pix from that day...cant really see the side ones in the pictures

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
pretty fucking neat if you ask me!!!
well done
car looks great

you should make these and sell them maybe?
id get the side for sure, my front too low for that splitter lol

Thanks....selling them wouldnt be an option for me really as I just dont have the time to do it...I figure shipping them would be so expensive it wouldnt wprk either not to mention its not really a direct bolt on....it could be with a little more research but I dont have time for that....but I posted so that others could see u can make these with minimal skills and DIY. ..thanks though

Very nice!

Thanks!

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
great work. that is some neat stuff. i wonder if you can make a rear diffuser with that stuff

Thats my plan....its pretty cool stuff....it want bend very much though without breaking. ..it bends but any close to a 90 it breaks....I am going to give the rear diffuser a try this weekend...

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Here are some crappy pics of my home made rear splitters and diffuser piece I added to Boss valence in RTR theme.
IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Here are some crappy pics of my home made rear splitters and diffuser piece I added to Boss valence in RTR theme.
IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

That looks good......

The way there rear bumber is on ur car makes it easier to do the diffuser.....im not sure mine will be a complete one like u have as im starting from scratch.....oh how u wish I did have the GT 500 or CS bumper....ur sides look just like mine except I cut mine to contour around the back bumper

Good job though....

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
That looks good......

The way there rear bumber is on ur car makes it easier to do the diffuser.....im not sure mine will be a complete one like u have as im starting from scratch.....oh how u wish I did have the GT 500 or CS bumper....ur sides look just like mine except I cut mine to contour around the back bumper

Good job though....

That is version 1.0...lol... I made some cardboard templates and ran with it... gonna clean it up soon, redo them to "flow" more like yours.

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
How long are your turnbuckles roughly?

Are these^^^ going to be long enough? And where did you mount them behind the bumper?

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
How long are your turnbuckles roughly?

Are these^^^ going to be long enough? And where did you mount them behind the bumper?

I bought the 6" turnbuckles from tractor supply....I looked at alot of the ones from ebay and would have bought some but like the ones ur showing are $25 each and I just didn't want to spend the extra money until I knew it would work and look good....

The six inch I bought are plenty long enough. ..id guess seeing those u have mentioned are 8"? If so id say they would work...as the entire turnbuckles or brace is 8" and probably adjust to ten?

Those sure look alot better. ..and I will eventually go to something like that.....

Id just ensure they are not the cheap ones....as I read up on some of the cheap $20 set or $15 didn't last long in the eBay reviews I read.....

As for mounting. ..I went to the bumper cover only...as I read the actually bumper bar is extremely tough to drill and then I felt no ackess to put the nut on....so I went into the bumper cover and simply put a large washer on each side and its alot firmer than one might think. ..if u wanted to get real technical id say its not ideal but it works and read where some others had done the same thing....

Basically ive got and "eye hook:in the bumper cover...then on the end of my turn buckle is an "eye hook" with a bolt through them and locking nut...so far so good....

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I used something like this....I had to cut down the stud because the cover is so close to the metal bumper and because the stud was so long..then I put the washers on it and locking nuts..it wasn't the smallest thing they had but next to it maybe....

And here is an example of the turn buckle I used except mine was eye hooks on both sides...

Last edited:

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
I used something like this....I had to cut down the stud because the cover is so close to the metal bumper and because the stud was so long..then I put the washers on it and locking nuts..it wasn't the smallest thing they had but next to it maybe....

And here is an example of the turn buckle I used except mine was eye hooks on both sides...

That makes sense. I was thinking the same thing about drilling into the reinforcement bar. There would be a way to secure it down unless you tapped it i guess. I may have to visit my local tractor supply and see what I can come up with. With those turnbuckles, how did you attach them to the splitter? Im about to mock up a Boss LS front splitter to my cdc classic and am only needing the turnbuckles to complete it so all this info is extremely helpful :thumb:

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I made the bracket out of square alum tube also pick up at hardware store...I simply cut the ends off at an angle. ..didn't do it perfect. .. :(

Then cut the top of it out...a vise is about the only way to hold it...I had an saw saz little to big for the job but made quick work of it...anything would work even a hacksaw...after I cut the brackets I ground down that end of the eye hook turn buckle....I also bough the little 1" spacer tractor supply sales in the bolt section to simulate a Heinz joint? Lol but I cut it into and it fits in between the brackets then simply drill a hole through and attach with ur hardware of choice...I used stainless flat head allen bolt and stainless locking nut..maybe u can see in these pictures

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score

Now that I have done this one....I plan on removing it and smoothing up my edges and probably will actually get something with a hiem joint

Lee

Reaction score
Looks great, OP. I would love to do this to mine. With the construction work around here it would save my painted rockers. Hard to keep them clean.

Back