FINALLY!!!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am sure several of you remember the issue I have been having with the car leaning out at random times and the drivers front O2 sensor reading way lean while the computer yanks out fuel and it throws rich codes.

Well, last Friday I got the PCM I had on order, got it installed, and been running the car in open loop waiting on time to get back in to the shop. Had an appointment for this morning and spent a few hours of quality time on the dyno with Manny. First thing we did was take the open loop tune I had been running for the past several months and make it closed loop and load it up to see if the issues still existed, changed, remained the same, or whatever. Fire it up and do a little data logging and the issue is gone. A new PCM fixed it!!

Then came time to do the actual tuning. After several pulls Manny finally had it where he was content with it and we called it done. Took it out for a little floggin and data logging and it ran like a spanked ape. Damn sure nice to have it healthy again.

Final results, it put 507 to the wheels. Not too shabby for one of those inferrior Saleen SCs at only 10psi :) Now if I can just keep the damn clutch healthy until next spring. Because I did discover today that the clutch starts slipping around 460 or so ft lbs tq. :furious: That was a little disheartening to say the least. I was REALLY wanting to hit the Motorplex Saturday and see how it does on the track now that it is back to normal. But the last friggin thing I need right now is to get out there and have to have it towed back because I toasted the clutch.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Insane numbers for your set up bro! Glad you got your issues all worked out finally!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice. What's a closed and open loop tune?

Closed loop is how the fuel system normally runs, open loop makes everything think that it is WOT, doesn't read from the O2 sensors, etc.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jared at Lethal Performance is running a special on the new Fidanza twin disk setup. If you can swing the price you could save some bucks.

Earl

2oo5GT

Sweet numbers and glad it's working great now. What clutch are you going to upgrade to?

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
Heck yeah it is possible. 10.5 lbs @ 515 rwhp. Saleen is not dead yet. But my stock clutch did die. Now running spec stage 2 clutch.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

How 'bout that 2.3L Saleen SC!!!:clap:

I ought to get them to re-tune mine with a 3.6" pulley.

Mike

2oo5GT

I thought about getting the Saleen but decided to get the Whipple HO now. The Saleen does make some power though.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, sure the numbers are cool. Don't mean squat without a timeslip though. May not have to worry about burning it up this weekend. Weather report this morning says it is going to rain.

Yea, it's still got the stock clutch in it.
I don't know what clutch I am going to go with. That is still a topic of debate right now. Shop is telling me to go with Ram, forums say go with Spec. Honestly.... no idea.

2oo5GT

I know i want to upgrad my clutch when i get the Whipple and i'm not sure to get the RAM or the Spec, should make a poll.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet dude. And all from an "inferior" blower...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is damn impressive doc. Especially considering you have an old fart's blower...:poke::trout:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back