First Look: Whipple 2.3L W140ax for the 2011 5.0L Mustang GT

duffmann

Reaction score
We're getting real close to having the new Whipple kits for the 2011 5.0L Mustang GT start shipping. I'm being told it can be as early as next week. We've already listed both the complete and tuner kits on our site. More options, info as well as pricing will be released shortly.

In addition to that we've learned that the Whipple kit for the 2011 GT will use the stock 07-11 GT500 throttle body. That's good news as the stock single blade throttle body on the 2011 GT would definitely appear to be a restriction on boosted applications that love to flow lots of air. What this also means is that you'll be able to upgrade to even larger throttle bodies such as the Whipple monoblade and Super monoblade throttle bodies as well as L&M 66/72mm ones and the VMP 67/72mm ones. Without a doubt we know how much of an improvement those throttle bodies have done in the GT500 community and we feel very comfortable saying that they'll do the same for the 2011 5.0L GT community.

For now stay tuned as we'll be releasing more exclusive content as it comes in.

wow thats awesome stuff.

bigjohns97

Reaction score
Really wish we could get some dyno numbers and video of dyno's, dyno sheets showing power curve....

Some of these things are already being shown by other providers.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumors of someone making 650hp at the flywheel with one of these on the stock bottom end.

Still haven't confirmed it though.

Fastlane performance put a turbo on the new 5.0 i forgot the exact numbers but i think it was making like 540 ish to the tires on 7psi

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Our 624hp kit just arrived!! I'll be posting pics in just a few. Working on them now.

WHIPPLE TIME!!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The FRPP/Whipple kit for our grabber blue 2011 just showed up today. We've got the installation setup for next Wednesday with Steve Turner from 5.0 Mustang Magazine. He'll be covering the entire build. We've got it all planned out and will be doing tons of testing for you guys. Here's a peek at a few components in the kit.

Stay tuned for more!

whipple_intercooler.jpg

New 47lb EV6 injectors by Ford Racing
injectors.jpg

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
That lower intake design sure looks familiar. It's damn near identical to a GT500 (as far as shape/design, etc). That lower wouldn't happen to have a Ford engineering part number on it would it?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
That lower intake design sure looks familiar. It's damn near identical to a GT500 (as far as shape/design, etc). That lower wouldn't happen to have a Ford engineering part number on it would it?

It's basically a GT500 upper. This will allow us to bolt a 2.9L GT500 kit on it in a few weeks. That also means a 3.4L or 4.0L GT500 kit should technically fit too depending on firewall clearance and whether they have the proper sized drive snout available to line up the belt drive.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I understand that the DCR can be controlled by the TI-VCT but is the tune being used with the superchargers actually doing it?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Steve Turner from 5.0 Mustang Magazine was in the house today as we installed the FRPP/Whipple 624hp kit on the Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L Mustang GT. It's all up and running and will be at the dyno tomorrow. Then it's off to the track on Friday. You'll be able to read all about it in an upcoming issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine. We'll have video footage available shortly as well.

59407_150971448267562_117187018312672_317429_4034101_n.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back