Ford Racing Boss gauge pod help

JimC

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't turn up anything so,

I have to replace the boost/vacuum gauge in my Boss gauge pod and figure out why my oil pressure gauge stopped lighting and doesn't read pressure now - I have all the screws and bolts out of the dam# thing, and still can't get it to separate. It is off the plate, but I can't find how to open it so I can get to the screws holding the gauge in the pod.

MRT didn't have the instructions, and there aren't any on the Ford Racing website either. Does anyone have the instructions, or know how to get this thing open?

[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/jimandpat/media/2013%20MCA/2014-06-22171124_zpsc5ec2c97.jpg.html][/URL]

JimC

Reaction score
what an ordeal, I found a picture also after posting - and it took forever to find the right socket for the two screws on the bottom front, with very little room to work and impossible to see once you get a socket in there.

I thought that there were 2 screws holding in each outboard gauge, turns out only one is used on those and the housing doesn't come apart. I dropped a screw for the "visor" - saw it fall and hit the console and now can't find it anywhere. Couldn't get the two mounting screws on the bottom in place so I decided to just put the car away for the night. Still can't get the oil pressure gauge working. It goes through a check on startup and drops back to 0 - but I found a red button under the dash and when I push it the gauge cycles again. The gauge doesn't have any part number or manufacturer on it so I need to check with MRT - we were going to put the Ford Racing gauge in but it wasn't available and I don't know what they bought instead. And neither the boost/vacuum or oil pressure gauge light up now.

And thanks Travelers - the Laguna Seca pod has all the gauges installed so they don't tell you how to remove and replace a gauge in that write up.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What brand of gauge is that? I always tell people "you get what you pay for," and that is especially true with gauges.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you get wight out in sunlight with that pod like you do with the SOS pod?

JimC

Reaction score
The boost was a cheap one, now replaced with an auto meter. Center is an Aeroforce scan gauge. Right is oil pressure, was supposed to be Ford Racing but it wasn't available when I needed it. Not sure what the brand is - no part number or brand name anywhere on it. Pulled it out thinking surely something would be on the back or side, but blank

JimC

Reaction score
Do you get wight out in sunlight with that pod like you do with the SOS pod?
Can't say. For the 5 miles I got to drive it last year before the BBR tune took out 2 pistons it wasn't a problem.

Have to see how it goes this year with the top down once the new tuning is done.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Can't say. For the 5 miles I got to drive it last year before the BBR tune took out 2 pistons it wasn't a problem.

Have to see how it goes this year with the top down once the new tuning is done.

ouch!!! that sucks man

JimC

Reaction score
Got it apart and swapped the boost/vacuum gauge. But for some reason my electronic oil pressure still won't work. I'm thinking it may be a loose wire/ground issue. The light came back on suddenly on the oil pressure which is leading me to think grounding, but the boost gauge lights don't come on now.

So anyone have a good tutorial on how to pull the console and center stack on a 2013? I need to get behind and trace the wiring.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back