forgestar pic request!

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
18x10 at 21lbs is not really light. A light 18x10 should weigh in around 18lbs--especially for the money you're paying. Of course if weight wasn't an issue then who cares. All I'm saying is that nobody should buy forgestars thinking they are getting a lightweight wheel for their money because that's just not true.

These originally were around 18lbs I believe but they increased the load capacity which is much safer for a heavier car like ours and daily drivers. It's very rare to find an 18x10 that weighs only 18 lbs and has a respectable load capacity and doesn't have super thin spokes. The Enkei PF01 is a popular light weight wheel that weighs 18.6lbs for only an 18x8.5 and costs about the same as my 18x10 forgestars. And for the record the FS are advertised @ 19-20lbs, I am only quoting what someone stated from a certified scale. Show me 18x10 wheels for our cars that TRULY weigh only 18lbs and how much do they cost and what is the load capacity? The Forgestars are most certainly light weight wheels and their price is fair for light weight modern designed flow formed wheels with a respectable load capacity and custom offsets.

PS - Vorshlag spent a TON of time researching a light weigth wheel for our cars and came up with an 18x10 that was also originally "18lbs"...but they did the same exact thing...had to increase the load capacity and the end result was over 20lbs and thats with just 5 thin spokes and the price was slightly MORE then what I paid for my FS's.

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
These originally were around 18lbs I believe but they increased the load capacity which is much safer for a heavier car like ours and daily drivers. It's very rare to find an 18x10 that weighs only 18 lbs and has a respectable load capacity and doesn't have super thin spokes. The Enkei PF01 is a popular light weight wheel that weighs 18.6lbs for only an 18x8.5 and costs about the same as my 18x10 forgestars. And for the record the FS are advertised @ 19-20lbs, I am only quoting what someone stated from a certified scale. Show me 18x10 wheels for our cars that TRULY weigh only 18lbs and how much do they cost and what is the load capacity? The Forgestars are most certainly light weight wheels and their price is fair for light weight modern designed flow formed wheels with a respectable load capacity and custom offsets.

PS - Vorshlag spent a TON of time researching a light weigth wheel for our cars and came up with an 18x10 that was also originally "18lbs"...but they did the same exact thing...had to increase the load capacity and the end result was over 20lbs and thats with just 5 thin spokes and the price was slightly MORE then what I paid for my FS's.

Enkei RPF1 18x10, weighed in at 17.x lbs. No idea on load capacity but ran on a 2008 Turbocharged Camry for 3+ years. $1500/set. Centercaps fit. Thin spokes but some people dig that.

BV600

forum member
Reaction score
Kbreeze-Those look good I wish I went with another color besides the matte black.
GOPR0024.jpg

GOPR0022.jpg

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Enkei RPF1 18x10, weighed in at 17.x lbs. No idea on load capacity but ran on a 2008 Turbocharged Camry for 3+ years. $1500/set. Centercaps fit. Thin spokes but some people dig that.

Funny, here they list the 18x8's as 17.8lbs:

http://www.soloracer.com/racewheels.html

So that would make the 18x10's close to 20lbs. And yes, that is an ultra light weight wheel! Just because something out there may be a little lighter doesn't mean these FS's aren't still light. And mine were $200 cheaper/set.

And you can't just go by what's advertised either. As I said, FS advertises my 18x10's as like 19.x lbs. And again you also very much have to consider load capacity. They started making a lot of super light wheels stronger as the tradeoff of strength was well worth the 2lbs. Regardless, for you to say a 21lb 18x10 is NOT a light weight wheel is plain SILLY! Look at the other wheels in that list of light weight wheels as a comparison and you'll see it's right on par in terms of light weight racing type wheels of that size. Sure there will always be a few a couple lbs lighter, but I bet they are weaker too, and I'm not losing sleep over 2lbs. Especially being my tires are also light weight. Alot of people focus so much on the wheels and forget about the tires. My tires are up to 5lbs lighter then others of the same size. And the rotational mass has even more of an effect with the tires because the mass is further away from the hub.

And look at this...this is the BBS Ford Racing Boss 302R wheel used in the Grand Am racing series, which is also 18x10....It weighs almost exactly the same @ 20.7lbs. And it's known as "ultra light weight" and it costs twice what my forgestars cost:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-RACING...L-18X10-M-1007-R1810-/370625431854#vi-content

Maybe you aren't a Forgestar fan but to claim they are not light weight is moronic.

PS-These tires are amazing in the rain too! A lot of people go head strong into mods with one or two things in mind. With all things in mind it's a whole different ballgame.

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
And you can't just go by what's advertised either. As I said, FS advertises my 18x10's as like 19.x lbs. And again you also very much have to consider load capacity. They started making a lot of super light wheels stronger as the tradeoff of strength was well worth the 2lbs. Regardless, for you to say a 21lb 18x10 is NOT a light weight wheel is plain SILLY! Look at the other wheels in that list of light weight wheels as a comparison and you'll see it's right on par in terms of light weight racing type wheels of that size. Sure there will always be a few a couple lbs lighter, but I bet they are weaker too, and I'm not losing sleep over 2lbs. Especially being my tires are also light weight. Alot of people focus so much on the wheels and forget about the tires. My tires are up to 5lbs lighter then others of the same size. And the rotational mass has even more of an effect with the tires because the mass is further away from the hub.

And look at this...this is the BBS Ford Racing Boss 302R wheel used in the Grand Am racing series, which is also 18x10....It weighs almost exactly the same @ 20.7lbs. And it's known as "ultra light weight" and it costs twice what my forgestars cost:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-RACING...L-18X10-M-1007-R1810-/370625431854#vi-content

Maybe you aren't a Forgestar fan but to claim they are not light weight is moronic.

PS-These tires are amazing in the rain too! A lot of people go head strong into mods with one or two things in mind. With all things in mind it's a whole different ballgame.

I weighed the RPF1's myself. Like you said, advertised isn't the same as what you might find when your hands are on the product. So what is funny is that you argue that weighing the wheel is important but you're using advertised figures to refute my point.

Either way, my point still remains--Forgestars are not lightweight for the price you pay. You can think they are lightweight all you want, just like I can say I'm not fat because there are people who weigh 400lbs. It's all relative and my point was that Forgestars are not lightweight for what you pay. Most BBS wheels aren't light by any standards either.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I weighed the RPF1's myself. Like you said, advertised isn't the same as what you might find when your hands are on the product. So what is funny is that you argue that weighing the wheel is important but you're using advertised figures to refute my point.

Either way, my point still remains--Forgestars are not lightweight for the price you pay. You can think they are lightweight all you want, just like I can say I'm not fat because there are people who weigh 400lbs. It's all relative and my point was that Forgestars are not lightweight for what you pay. Most BBS wheels aren't light by any standards either.

LOL, you are hysterical!... And it sounds like you used a home scale instead of a certified scale. And Enkei is not going to list the wheels as heavier then they really are! Here's a sight that has the RPF1's listed @ 19.1lbs for the 18x10's (Which sounds about right based on the other sites weight listing):
http://www.9kracing.com/shop/index.php/enkei-rpf1-18x10x5x114-3-38-silver.html
And another site that has the 18x10.5's @ 19.7lbs:
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/enkei-rpf1-wheel-18x105-5x1143-p-60786.html (Again, on par with the other sites....or are we supposed to believe your B.S. made up number?)

Those wheels are made basically the same exact way that FS's are made and they cost the same too (or more). The only difference I bet, which results in the very minor weight difference (1.9lbs), is the FS probably has a little higher load capacity. So don't sit here and tell me the FS's are not light for their cost. Quality light weight wheels are not cheap! And FS are not even that expensive! They are probably just striking a sweet spot of weight and strength, but they are still plenty light weight. I think you are only thinking of some mega light weight wheels made for civics and such that have a low load capacity. Our cars (and many others) weigh a lot more then those cars and require more strength. And BBS is a long time well respected wheel manufacturer and I'm damn sure they know a hell of a lot more then you do on this subject. They created that BBS wheel specifically for our cars as a light weight racing wheel and it weighs the same and costs twice as much as my FS (Which you seem to think are overpriced and heavy)

And your example about the 400lbs is backwards. What you are doing is saying a marathon runner isn't thin because Ethiopians exist.

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
LOL, you are hysterical!... And it sounds like you used a home scale instead of a certified scale. And Enkei is not going to list the wheels as heavier then they really are! Here's a sight that has the RPF1's listed @ 19.1lbs for the 18x10's (Which sounds about right based on the other sites weight listing):
http://www.9kracing.com/shop/index.php/enkei-rpf1-18x10x5x114-3-38-silver.html
And another site that has the 18x10.5's @ 19.7lbs:
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/enkei-rpf1-wheel-18x105-5x1143-p-60786.html (Again, on par with the other sites....or are we supposed to believe your B.S. made up number?)

Those wheels are made basically the same exact way that FS's are made and they cost the same too (or more). The only difference I bet, which results in the very minor weight difference (1.9lbs), is the FS probably has a little higher load capacity. So don't sit here and tell me the FS's are not light for their cost. Quality light weight wheels are not cheap! And FS are not even that expensive! They are probably just striking a sweet spot of weight and strength, but they are still plenty light weight. I think you are only thinking of some mega light weight wheels made for civics and such that have a low load capacity. Our cars (and many others) weigh a lot more then those cars and require more strength. And BBS is a long time well respected wheel manufacturer and I'm damn sure they know a hell of a lot more then you do on this subject. They created that BBS wheel specifically for our cars as a light weight racing wheel and it weighs the same and costs twice as much as my FS (Which you seem to think are overpriced and heavy)

And your example about the 400lbs is backwards. What you are doing is saying a marathon runner isn't thin because Ethiopians exist.

Okay, you win. Though it's clear you have NO clue how the industry works. I'll just leave it at that. When you do a few years on the actual selling side and not just the clueless customer side, let me know.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, you win. Though it's clear you have NO clue how the industry works. I'll just leave it at that. When you do a few years on the actual selling side and not just the clueless customer side, let me know.

blah, blah, blah. I back up what I say with facts and real world examples and all you do is talk out your arse. No one in the industry with a clue is going to call a $300 21lb 18x10 flow formed wheel heavy or overpriced. It's clearly a light weight wheel and fairly priced for what it is. All other wheels made that way are around the same price and weight..provided they have a load capacity sufficient for a heavier car like ours.

Last edited:

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
That's what happens when kbreeze comes in here n starts telling people how smart he is.

...Or else when someone is trolling a forgestar thread trying to convince us they are bloated and overpriced wheels. The only thing I am guilty of here is setting the record straight.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
blah, blah, blah. I back up what I say with facts and real world examples and all you do is talk out your arse. No one in the industry with a clue is going to call a $300 21lb 18x10 flow formed wheel heavy or overpriced. It's clearly a light weight wheel and fairly priced for what it is. All other wheels made that way are around the same price and weight..provided they have a load capacity sufficient for a heavier car like ours.

Correct. The track pack wheels are 29lbs each for crying out loud.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
All i can say is that i love my F14's. And there arent many people who have them, sittimg here at the mustangweek carshow i only saw one other car with F14's. I mean honestly, what you get for the price is great however the wait is ridiculous.... There is a reason theyre popular and everyone who owns them can tell you why.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk 2

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back