forgestar pic request!

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I figured this is pretty much a forgestar all info thread so I wanted to give my opinion on the set of wheels I purchased. The wheels are Forgestar CF5 19x9.5 front and 19x11 rear both are deep concave. It took about 10 weeks to get and for the amount of time it had taken the quality should be better. There is some dimples in the powder coat and in 3 spots there is debris that was coated over not small debris it is noticeable. The other issue is the spoke design is different front to rear even though they are the same style and depth type. For the price I cannot recommend the wheels I have gotten better quality from other companies like team dynamics they were cheaper, lighter, no centering rings, no design differences, and better powder coating.

I know this is a pic thread and I will have pics up on here of my car by Monday hopefully. Waiting for lugnuts and have to put a second coat of wax on the wheels. I will try to mount them at work Saturday.

The car they are going on is my 13' black Mustang. I will list mods with forthcoming pictures.

Thanks for reading

Have you addressed the issue with Forgestar or the dealer you went thru to get them?

Bmwguyw/mustang

Reaction score
It's too late today but yes I am going to contact Forgestar tomorrow. But what are they going to do pay to send 3 out of 4 wheels back to fix for 1 guy who complained I doubt it but at least they will know. If the wheels were cheaper they might be good for track wheels because the issues wouldn't matter. To show these wheels on Lambo's and Porsches on there site is a joke.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I need some 18x9s for the front, or just 20s.. Damn center caps dont fit on front with 18x10s even with 5mm spacers lol

MJJ

forum member
Reaction score
I need some 18x9s for the front, or just 20s.. Damn center caps dont fit on front with 18x10s even with 5mm spacers lol

Miley

They have developed a new center cap that is "rounded" as I understand it to all them to fit. They also change the offset on the 10" to +39 to all for them to clear.

I just ordered the 9.5 so I could go deep concave on all 4 wheelS without center cap issues.

I went through howey industries. They have an employee on sight at Forgestar that personally inspects all wheels before they ship.

I expect they will be perfect. I am glad I went with them as the distributor.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Miley

They have developed a new center cap that is "rounded" as I understand it to all them to fit. They also change the offset on the 10" to +39 to all for them to clear.

I just ordered the 9.5 so I could go deep concave on all 4 wheelS without center cap issues.

I went through howey industries. They have an employee on sight at Forgestar that personally inspects all wheels before they ship.

I expect they will be perfect. I am glad I went with them as the distributor.

Hmm, I might have to give Howey Industries a shout. I was looking into ADV.1s through them.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
The wheels are Forgestar CF5 19x9.5 front and 19x11 rear both are deep concave. The other issue is the spoke design is different front to rear even though they are the same style and depth type.

If you wanted the "shape" of the spokes to be the same, you'd have to order your wheels "square" - meaning same widths and offsets all the way around. Asking for them to be identifical looking with fronts and rears two different widths and offsets is not a realistic expectation.

It took about 10 weeks to get and for the amount of time it had taken the quality should be better. There is some dimples in the powder coat and in 3 spots there is debris that was coated over not small debris it is noticeable.

Is it noticeable when standing by the car? Or noticeable when inspecting them really closely on the floor of your garage? Post some pics of the flaws.

FWIW, I got my Forgestars direct from them, in a custom finish, in 5 weeks, for less money than what American Muscle charges. The fit and finish was perfect. I couldn't be happier.

Paul.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
In case any forgestar fans are interested im selling my titanium f14's w/conti DW's. Check the for sale forum here.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

nenegt

forum member
Reaction score
My Forgestars. Thanks To Hypermotive

Attachments

• Snapchat-20140124032129.jpg
    Snapchat-20140124032129.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 50

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back