Front 13" GT Rotor Works on Rear?

NoTicket

forum member
Reaction score
People should use search...

The vBulletin search that is available on this forum is a fucking abortion.

You cannot use Google to search on this forum due to the login requirement.

I don't particularly care how threads like this are handled, but the search on this forum sucks. I use it. I spend a lot of time using search to find info that I need. But it takes a lot more effort than it should in a post-Google internet.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
No, you just don't know how to use the tool properly
thats%20not%20how%20you%20use%20a%20sword.jpg

NoTicket

forum member
Reaction score
No, you just don't know how to use the tool properly

This is pretty much the response Yahoo gave its users when Google rolled out and people thought their search was now shitty in comparison.

Turns out, no, there are just better search algorithms.

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
This is pretty much the response Yahoo gave its users when Google rolled out and people thought their search was now shitty in comparison.

Turns out, no, there are just better search algorithms.

I can't exactly fault the forum developers for the search not being the best in the world here. Doing search well is nontrivial, and I'd much rather the forum software developers spend their time making the forum software itself more usable, reliable, scalable, and performant.

While the forum's search feature certainly isn't the best in the world, it seems to be reasonably functional, if a bit limited. At least they didn't make the same idiotic mistake that a lot of search implementations make: the forum's search by default looks for messages that contain all of the words you specify, while many search implementations I've seen look for hits containing any of the words you specify, and give you no way of specifying that it should limit hits to those containing all of them.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
We need some boolean operators up in this bitch

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
I can't exactly fault the forum developers for the search not being the best in the world here. Doing search well is nontrivial, and I'd much rather the forum software developers spend their time making the forum software itself more usable, reliable, scalable, and performant.

While the forum's search feature certainly isn't the best in the world, it seems to be reasonably functional, if a bit limited. At least they didn't make the same idiotic mistake that a lot of search implementations make: the forum's search by default looks for messages that contain all of the words you specify, while many search implementations I've seen look for hits containing any of the words you specify, and give you no way of specifying that it should limit hits to those containing all of them.

Whoever designed this 'forum template' is to blame for the poor search function. Most forums are exactly the same (they stem from the same theme/template) and are edited to the category of the owners choosing.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Has anybody ever considered that the word "quaalude" might have been named as such because you would act "quasi lude"?

Ok...I JUST got back from Wikipedia and guess what? It was named "Quaalude" because it was supposed to be like a "quiet interlude". How bout that!

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
We need some boolean operators up in this bitch

I just googled that. Very cool actually. Here you wuz all using a cuss word and evrythang, but there was a gleaming diamond in that post. Very nice sir.

claudermilk

Reaction score
He's right, too. Continuing the Star Wars references, sometimes using search here feels like being Luke with the blast shield helmet on for the first time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back