Front LP law in Texas

PvilleStang

Your tax dollars at work!
Reaction score
So I hear rumors about the laws changing to allow only one plate in the state of Texas. Is this true, and where could I find proof (I would like to carry it with me for the dick head cops who won't believe it)?

strong_j

TX^SWAG
Reaction score
It's true. It was on fox 4 news like a week ago. It's already in affect but I still got a ticket for it and when I told him he said he didn't know anything about it so take it up with the judge. As I didn't want to pay the 90 dollar court fee I just zip tied it to my grill took a picture and paid the 20 dollar dismissal fee.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I read another thread here about this and it was accidentally left out of the law this year according to the article. Should be able to beat it easily. If you beat it in court it seems you shouldn't have to pay any court fees. I could be wrong.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
House bill 2357. Its still the law. They just forgot to include the teeth in it.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp

Im sure they will address it. No news on a single plate for Texas on the horizon.

Ya if im not mistaken they just left out the punishment for it . Therefor its up to the judge for what fine you get . I got pulled over last year for mine and he told me to put it the front of the car but it was cool how i had it where i did. (his personal opinion)

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I haven't run a front plate in about 6 years. Been pulled over plenty of times and never gotten grief for it. I figure it was worth the fine measured against how long I can go without a plate. So far, I am +6yrs.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went 4 years and was cited on the way home from work. I bought the bracket and went about my business. I figured that it was a good idea based on the thought that I may get stopped for something very trivial only for the officer screw with me over a beer or two at dinner. Not worth it, IMO.

Back