[FS] 05-09 Katzkin Custom Leather Seat Covers (F+R)

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
05-09 Katzkin Custom Leather Seat Covers (F+R)

Category: Interior
Price: SOLD!!!
Private Listing
Part fits: S197 2005-2009
Location (State/Prov): CA
Item Condition: Brand New

This set came out perfect as far as I could tell. Just not the right color combo for my car. I only installed the rear seats so no pics of the fronts installed. I need to get something decent for them as its a garage sale to help prepare for my just informed upcoming unemployment.

They retail for $2,400 but make me a reasonable offer as Im not going to sell these for that (unless you want to pay more lol). I have the original box they came in too with a yard or two of extra leather.

These are Tuscany leather (top of their line) black midnight (matches our dark interior perfectly) with red marichino Tuscany leather inserts. There is custom stitching with red thread throughout and the headrests are stitched in red "Katzkin" logo as well.

Priced to sell quick!

Last edited:

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Yes, they are compatible with side air bags :)

The rear seats are easy to install but the fronts are a bit more effort. They have the same velcro runners as OEM.

You can have then pro installed if you are so inclined. I installed the rears in about 1.5 hours which included removing the passenger seat for easy access.

13, 14, 15mm sockets and a ratchet, needle nose plyers, heavy wire and some patience is all you need to install them.

Last edited:

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
A few pics of the install or the rears so you can see.

Just remove the OEM covers after removing the seats.
Then turn the new seat covers inside out (for the upper halfs) and install like you are putting on a condom lol making sure to firmly get the velcro channels to grip and be sure you are doing it straight and tight.

Attachments

• IMG_20101024_165227.jpg
    IMG_20101024_165227.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20101024_164920.jpg
    IMG_20101024_164920.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 28

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I installed my Katzkins in my car. Not too hard to put in, and a couple of videos on youtube of how to do it. I even sold my old stock leathers and ended up making $50 out of the whole deal.

Tuscany leather is worth it, the regular 'zkins leather is a little on the hard side, but are soft enough after some Aerospace 303. Even the regular 'zkins leather, single color leather and stitching with no embroidery is over twice what the OP is asking for these. Good deal.

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
I dont know how close it mat hes as i dont think i have any close by to ompare with but let me see what i can manage to find out

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
I installed my Katzkins in my car. Not too hard to put in, and a couple of videos on youtube of how to do it. I even sold my old stock leathers and ended up making $50 out of the whole deal.

Tuscany leather is worth it, the regular 'zkins leather is a little on the hard side, but are soft enough after some Aerospace 303. Even the regular 'zkins leather, single color leather and stitching with no embroidery is over twice what the OP is asking for these. Good deal.
Thanks! The man knows what hes talking about ;)

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
These seats are very nice!! I love the two tone style, i went with solid black- white stitching and all black carpet/floormats out of a gt500. Seats were new from a 2011 5.0.

Bump for a good deal!

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
How do these install? Do they need to be professionally installed?

you can do it yourself in a few hours. I had never, ever done any upholstery before I swapped my wife's cloth int out for a GT leather take off set. Get some hog rings and a pair of hog ring pliers. Do the rears first, they're velcro and little plastic snap together clips. Pull the front seats out. Pull the tops off first w/the cushions, cut the hog rings holding the cover to the cushion. Reverse process. Pull the bottom seat cover off making note of how all the little straps come off. Repeat. It really is much easier than you would think and you'll be proud knowing you did it yourself. Now buy these and post up pictures, NOW !! Haha,,,,,,

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I know it seems minor, but then my headrests wouldnt have the red stitching on them....the normal person probably wouldnt notice but little things like that drive me nuts. lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back