Fuel system

11ride4life

Hateraide
Reaction score
What are you guys using for fuel systems on high HP cars (900+)? My dads GT500 is maxing out the pumps and we are trying to figure out what to do with the fuel system. The next step for this car will be ported heads, cams, built short block and either a Whipple 3.4 or KB 2.8 and we are keeping the spray :flamethr: (over 1000 at the wheels:stir:). We drag race this car as well as open track so we cant have a fuel system that is going to heat up the fuel and vapor lock the system or have pumps that have low duty cycle. We are basically looking for the best of two worlds, crank up the boost add slicks skinnies and a bottle and up the boost for the strip and take the boost down put on some road race slicks and run at the road course.

Is this possible?

Thanks for the advice.

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would give the guys over at Lethal Performance a call.. they have a few systems for our cars.

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Twin GT pumps feeding -6 bulk heads feeding into a y-block coming out with a -8 line into another y-block and splitting back out with one line to each fuel rail. That should have you covered.

Beyond that you will need to look into replacing the passenger side sending unit with another fuel pump assembly, with a total of 4 pumps feeding the engine.

11ride4life

Hateraide
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do a return fuel set-up with the stock S197 tank?

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
If you want to retain the intank pump you would just need to put a return style pump(s) in the stock basket and drill the top of the fuel basket for a bulkhead fitting and attach your return line there. Although I'm not sure why you would want this, you won't find any intank return style pumps that can match the flow of the GT supercar pumps.

Edit: The above only addresses fuel tank issues, you still need to modify the tune, add return style rails, regulator etc...

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you want to retain the intank pump you would just need to put a return style pump(s) in the stock basket and drill the top of the fuel basket for a bulkhead fitting and attach your return line there. Although I'm not sure why you would want this, you won't find any intank return style pumps that can match the flow of the GT supercar pumps.

+1 why would you want to do that the returnless system is working for many high HP cars with no issue

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back