Full car wrap vs. full car dip

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
DYC just teased an upcoming sale on their FB page. If it's a 25% off sale...it's gonna be tempting.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I wish I could find someone to wrap my 2007 for $2500.

And that I had $2500 to spend on a wrap.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Me too. If the local shop stuck to the $2400 price they gave me last year, they'd have the job.

All the pricing around here is as much as paint, LOL!

I want to do the hood, roof and decklid with something like this black and white OEM camo stuff and then powdercoat my wheels white. It sounds like a NASCAR with a blower. May as well look nuts too.

image6.jpg

Last edited:

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I just spent 30 minutes trying to wrap one mirror cap. All I got to say is NOPE! That's not happening!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Dip has come a long way. Many of the newer products, if done correctly will not have that heavy texture feel. However, the issue that bothers me is the over spray since it can get in the cracks and crevasses easily when spraying.

For me, I'd spend the money on a quality wrap. If I had the coin to spend, I would be wrapping my Shelby in matte metallic grey.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
I agree with Cam. If you have the money to spend, a really good wrap, to me, would look best. But as you have been quoted the 2-3K range compared to the cost of a dip I imagine had to play a role in your decision making. Take money out of it, definitely a wrap would be my choice.

Last edited:

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
At this point, since the wrap is now $3500' ish, and I quoted the "dip looks good ten feet away" to the wife, both are out. I have a hunch that my curiosity will lead me to dipping my car at some point, but not right now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back