gauge installation :]

xlolleyx

forum member
Reaction score
ok i have searched and searched for ways to install these gauges. well the gauges are oil temp. voltmeter. and water temp gauges. all of them are electric. i've never hooked any gauges up before and i'm somewhat mechanically/electrically inclined so anyone know where there is a post of how to hook these specific gauges up i'd like to know. any help is appreciaited. i'd like to have pics to help me out seeing as i will be install all of these come saturday morning. thanks for any help provided :)

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
oil temp will need a oil filter adapter.
water temp will need a rad hose adapter.

just install your sensors and wire it up.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
ok i have searched and searched for ways to install these gauges. well the gauges are oil temp. voltmeter. and water temp gauges. all of them are electric. i've never hooked any gauges up before and i'm somewhat mechanically/electrically inclined so anyone know where there is a post of how to hook these specific gauges up i'd like to know. any help is appreciaited. i'd like to have pics to help me out seeing as i will be install all of these come saturday morning. thanks for any help provided :)

I have never hooked any up, but about to hook up 3 in my car. If you havent done them yet, I will let you know how it goes when I do mine..

and btw - you posted this in the v6 tech forum...May wanna get it moved to 4.6 forum - more people to help

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
If you go on autometers website there is a section that tells you how to hook all their gauges specific to your car.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Use a couple fitting from the hardware store and run them from the oil filter area. I found the sandwich adapter to make it so you had to run a smaller filter.

As for the water temp, I ran mine to the driver side towards the bag of the block. There is a plug there you can remove and use an adapter to plug in the sensor. Those are the best places to get both those readings.

As for the volt gauge... WHY!?!?!?!

Boozshey

Reaction score
tempsender1.jpg

tempsender2.jpg

xlolleyx

forum member
Reaction score
ok. first off i plan on replacing the voltmeter with nitrous next month i got a 3 gauges pillar pod and i wanted to fill all of them up so it's mainly there for looks. so i'm gonna need a sandwitch fitter? boozshey is there anyway you can post more pics up for the oil temp? i'm semi confused. i'm gonna plug the sensor in where the oil filter is or what? lol

Boozshey

Reaction score
The water temp adapter is an autometer part. So you'll get that from them.

You can run a sandwich plate... They sell them at glow shift gauges. But you will need a shorter filter.

As far as the oil temp. In the block the oil filter is on there is a factory sensor there. Pull it out, goto the hardware store and buy some T fittings to adapt the two sensors.

That's reall the only explanation I can really give.

xlolleyx

forum member
Reaction score
ok that makes more sense to me now. so i can still use the same filter size after i put my other sensor on if i dont use a sandwich plate.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I don't even know who the hell it is. Obviously someone changed their screen name...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back