Need advice on adding fuel pressure gauge

Augy

Reaction score
What is the simplest and safest way to add a fuel pressure gauge? Is there already a port available to tap into or do I need to upgrade either the regulator or fuel rail? Or is there another method that is simple and effective? I plan to install the FP gauge along with Wideband, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, and (maybe) Boost on a 2006 Mustang GT with Roush M90 supercharger. I've searched around and not coming up with any sort of common, simple, method...most of what I've found involves a lot of other mods...seems like this should be relatively straight forward so forgive me if it's a dumb question :) Appreciate any advice!

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Hi Augy,

Here.............:

Hope this helps.

Augy

Reaction score
Hi Augy,

Here.............:

Hope this helps.
Yes, perfect....thank you!!

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
All you need along with that is the gauge. Post a picture of your set up. Do you have aftermarket or stock rails?

Augy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I picked the car up recently and plan to sort it out and then pass along to my son who is currently serving overseas in the Marine Corps. It's a 2006 GT with the Roush M90 supercharger. Car only has 48k miles and is in excellent condition. It currently has some gauges installed but they are old Glowshift gauges (Boost/Vac, Oil Pressure, Water Temp) and only the Boost gauge functions properly (Water temp doesn't work at all and Oil Pressure is only semi-functional). The only mods I'm aware of are a sort of cobbled together cold air intake (works...just doesn't look great), lowering springs, and catted x-pipe & cat back exhaust.

Anyway, after doing some further research, it seems the gauges the car should have are Wideband, FP, and Boost...not necessarily Oil pressure and Water temp. I'd like to stick with 3 gauges since it already has an A pillar pod for 3 gauges. The SC only makes 5 psi of boost so it might be overkill but he'll think they are cool :)

Here are some pics of the car and the FPR. I think the adapter mentioned above would work and it would also get my stock FPR up a bit higher and provide some needed clearance from the back of the alternator (win win). Let me know what you think...thanks!

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

IMG_5715.JPEG

IMG_5717.JPEG

AHaze

Reaction score
If you're OK with an LCD display, a scangauge or similar OBD device can give you fuel pressure. It is displayed as pressure differential (vs. manifold pressure). I consider that a bonus but I realize some prefer a PSIG number.
Water temp and manifold pressure (IIRC, haven't actually tried that one) can also be obtained through the OBD port.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Prolly won't help you at all as I have aftermarket rails and relocated my lines and such but you can see my gauge sensor sticking up right next to the dib stick. I believe I sourced everything from aeromotive. Also relocated the factory frps to the fender also.

Augy

Reaction score
Prolly won't help you at all as I have aftermarket rails and relocated my lines and such but you can see my gauge sensor sticking up right next to the dib stick. I believe I sourced everything from aeromotive. Also relocated the factory frps to the fender also.

Yeah, that is more than I need but, wow, that is a clean setup!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back