Got my new wheels in the other day :)

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
They are from OE wheels the GT4s in chrome 18 by 10 rears and 18 by9s up front:

Myrims004.jpg

I cant wait to get new tires for them and slap them on ! Anyone have any suggestions as to what tires to use? This is for my daily driver I have a harley that I can ride here at the beach at least 9 months out of the years so nitto 555rs would be an option:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
255/45 Nitto 555 for the front.
305/40 555r for the back.
Or at least that's what I have. :crazy:

DRs046.jpg

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the help ;) im new to all this computer forum stuff lol. and hatchman that setup looks sick is that your daily driver ? and did you just use ur handheld tuner to throw off the codes and recalibrate the speedo correctly w the right mph and stuff ?

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the help ;) im new to all this computer forum stuff lol. and hatchman that setup looks sick is that your daily driver ? and did you just use ur handheld tuner to throw off the codes and recalibrate the speedo correctly w the right mph and stuff ?
Hmm, I never thought about this. Im glad you reminded me to do this when I put diff wheels on tomorrow. Im pretty sure you can select your tire and wheel size under under setting in your tuner.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the compliments!
Yes, I used the XcalII to adjust the revs per mile, very easy to do, only takes a minute. The 305/40's are only about .6" taller than stock, so it's only about a 2% correction anyway.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would to go with a 305 in the rear... How does the 305 fit in the wheel well?

305/40's fit great in there, they have never rubbed. I had 295/45's on the back before, and they were about .9" taller than the 305's, and they would rub.

FYI, I also have Roush rear springs on the back that dropped it about .7", but with the taller tires, it brought it back up a little.

This car isn't my DD now, but I drove on the same tires on my Lightning for four years (different size, of course) and got around 13,500 out of the rears, and over 20,000 on the fronts. I have no problems in the rain/cornering, etc, great tire combination for a daily driver. I think the DR's are better for a daily driver than the regular 555s, much better traction, even in the wet. The rear end feels a little loose (because of the thinner sidewall) on freeway exits than the regular 555. Not loose as in it breaks traction, you can just feel the rear end "wiggle" a little bit as the thinner sidewall flexes, but no big deal, it's street driving, not autocross. Highly recommend them.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 255/45 up front are not too skinny!! I run the same size as hatchman as well with gt4's.

Front: 255/45 18x9 GT4 Nitto Invo
Rear: 285/45 18x9 GT4 Nitto 555 Street tires
305/40 18x10 deep dish GT4 Nitto 555R Track tires
Post # 17 is a pic of the 255/45/18 up front (nitto invo)
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27624&highlight=top
They are plenty wide!

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
sweet deal thanks for all the help itl be a little bit before I get my tires cause Im not gonna go cheap. Im gonna go with nitto 555rs out back in 305 rears and up front im thinking something like a 275

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
By the way hatchman do you have any pics of the rear of the car? I wanta see how wide those 305s look from the back if you acn post up a pic of the rear it would be much appreciated

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back