GT grill

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
Would a stock GT grill or Elenor Grill (honey comb and lights) fit on a stock v6?

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
thats what i was worried about, and the guy selling me the grill said it would fit... but i had headr it didn't.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
thats what i was worried about, and the guy selling me the grill said it would fit... but i had headr it didn't.

it will fit, but it will look like shit. Try doing a search here, there has to be plenty of questions asking the same thing.

Buy a GT styled grill to fit your V6. Tell the guy who's trying to sell you his grill that he's a dumb ass and he's lying to you.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Why do you say that?
What would be the problem?
I've tried search the forum but haven't found anything

the grills are different sizes. Put a GT grill in a V6 fascia and you'll have gaps on each side where it doesn't meet up with the headlight stanchions. And the mounting tabs are different.

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
the grills are different sizes. Put a GT grill in a V6 fascia and you'll have gaps on each side where it doesn't meet up with the headlight stanchions. And the mounting tabs are different.

Ok, thanks... Thats what i needed to know

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Ok, thanks... Thats what i needed to know

no prob, that's the great thing about these forums, you can get answers. If you have the pony pkg the grill swap out is pretty easy. If you don't you have to wire in for the fog lights to work.

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
no prob, that's the great thing about these forums, you can get answers. If you have the pony pkg the grill swap out is pretty easy. If you don't you have to wire in for the fog lights to work.

Hold on now you confused me...
I do have the pony package.
My problem is that i dont want to have to cut anything.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Hold on now you confused me...
I do have the pony package.
My problem is that i dont want to have to cut anything.

you won't have to cut anything if you have the pony pkg. Just get a GT styled grill for the V6 and it will go right in. Your pony fogs have plug in extensions, if you pull those off what's left will go right onto your GT fog lights you'll have to buy unless they come in the grill.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
He's saying, the pony package has the foglight wiring in place, so a gt-STYLE grill with foglights will plug in electrically. A stock gt grill will not otherwise properly fit.

You can get grills for the v6 that have the gt-style of foglights in the grill.
Hope that clears it up.

Mr.CuBaN

forum member
Reaction score
i put a gt Grill on the v6 i had and all i did was shave the corners and on th bottom of the grill i had to put a crew throw it to hold it in place..
what do you guys think LOOK like crap?? i think it looks good...

not the best pic ut w/e

j023.jpg

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
i put a gt Grill on the v6 i had and all i did was shave the corners and on th bottom of the grill i had to put a crew throw it to hold it in place..
what do you guys think LOOK like crap?? i think it looks good...

not the best pic ut w/e

I think it looks fine. But, unless a guy can pick up a GT grill for free, or almost free, why go through all the work to make it fit when a V6 grill goes right in ? Grills aren't very expensive now that everybody and their brother are cranking them out.

FidyStang

forum member
Reaction score
I put one on my sixer and it looks great. the only issue is the grill comes out (away from the car) in the middle, causing an inch at most space underneath the grill. Some shaving will need to be done to the grill and possibly the bumper, but overall well worth the work. you can see the space in Mr. CuBaNs pic.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
I'm in love with http://www.americanmuscle.com/shelby-grille-0509v8.html <--- that grill but first of all I'm not sure if it's worth the money or if it will fit on a V6. I just think the look of that grille is raw

Nvm. Found one for the V6 I'm an idiot http://www.americanmuscle.com/shelby-grille-0509v6.html

Edit again. It says I need the CS6 front fascia. Necessary or just "would be better to have"?

it will fit the v6. dont hold me to my word tho. i think its the most beautiful grille ive ever had, and the shelby lettering does not have to be on there. looks great without it too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back