GT500 head gaskets

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the FRPP GT500 headgasket set with the 3V heads? If so has their been any issues?
Thanks Mike

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that could work, the GT500 heads are much bigger then the 3v heads as I understand it.

This:

gt500.jpg

Vs. this:

M-6050-463P-b.jpg

Last edited:

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
They all go on the same block. 2v and 4v are the same. The gaskets should interchange without an issue but I don't have a 3v gasket to compare with.
Thanks Mike

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
They do not work. Where the oil pressure goes into the cylinder head is different so you will have oiling issues

This is direct from Tim Eichorn at MPR Racing Engines. He deals with mostly Modular Engines!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
They all go on the same block. 2v and 4v are the same. The gaskets should interchange without an issue but I don't have a 3v gasket to compare with.
Thanks Mike

2v and 4v yes... 3v no.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
They do not work. Where the oil pressure goes into the cylinder head is different so you will have oiling issues

This is direct from Tim Eichorn at MPR Racing Engines. He deals with mostly Modular Engines!

That's what I was wondering. Looking at the heads in the picture above I see a difference in the head surface at the front of the engine.

I had the GT500 gaskets for another project and was going to use them, but I guess I'll just order another set for the 3V. More money more money.....
Thanks Mike

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
2v and 4v yes... 3v no.

2v,3v and 4v heads will all bolt to the same block is what I was saying. I was unsure if they do something different with the gasket on the 3v like blocking an oil passage,etc....

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Please note...

5.4 Cast Iron Block
Brand new full machined, can be used in 2V (SOHC) 3V or 4V (DOHC applications)

Add a Brand new Forged 8 bolt 5.4 Crankshaft for only $349.99 with purchase of this block.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
They do not bolt to the same block. Only 2v and 4v,

For example.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/5_4L_FORGED_IRON_SHORT_BLOCK_p/m-6009-c54sc4.htm
Will accept 2V and 4V cylinder heads
Will not work with 3 valve cylinder heads

That is because there is no valve relief in the piston for the 3v exhaust valve.

The blocks themselves will work with all 2v 3v and 4v heads, but there are some differences in the coolant passages in the head gaskets themselves.

So in short, no those gaskets won't work, but only because of minor differences. I would be interested in buying your gaskets, but I just picked up a set myself.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back