Need pricing info on GT500 take-off parts.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I'm headed over to a friend's house this evening to look at his parts that were pulled from his 2010 GT500 when it was new. He has the original blower, intake, exhaust manifolds, catted pipe, and throttle body. I think I can use the throttle body on my 3V. I had thought about fitting the blower to my car as well, but after a bit of research I think I'll stay away from that for now. Looks like a lot of expense to fit a stock blower. Do you guys have any recommendations as to what I should offer for everything? The parts were all shrink wrapped when he stored them.

yote0

Reaction score
Just do a search for comps on ebay. For example, after a quick scan, it looks like those blowers are going for ~$850.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I've seen them all over the place. A couple months ago I saw one for $150. A look through the ebay sold items tells me they will go between 600-900. Thing is, I would much rather have the advice of people who have hands on experience. So much stuff on ebay is purchased by someone who makes a quick decision before researching an item. I made my living selling on eBay from 2002-2003. I was amazed at what some people would buy, only to come back and ask if it would fit their project.

If I can get these parts cheap, I'll take a chance. I don't want to lowball the guy, I guess I'll just play it by ear.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a bunch of stuff I will probably regret buying. Doesn't the gt500 throttle body fit on the 3V's? I know the bolt pattern is a bit bigger on the SVT intake.

yote0

Reaction score
Throttle body will fit with an adapter:

AHaze

Reaction score
A GT500 TB on an NA 4.6 isn’t worth the cost and effort it takes to bolt it on and re-tune for it.
Department of Boost makes intake manifolds to put the GT500 blower on a 3V or Coyote. It's a pretty well respected setup.
For reference, they give you $700 off the price of the full kit if you supply your own blower/elbow and $100 off each for supplying your own TB and CAI.

Last edited:

MrBhp

Reaction score
I'm thinking I will keep the turbo on the Shelby for now. Everyone wants me to sell the car and my Dodge cummins and buy a new f150. I've agreed, with the one requirement being that truck has to be faster than the Shelby. The DOB manifold for this blower mounted to a coyote would help. But then I'm sure I would need much more air than this stock one can move. Or I might just sell everything. Idk. Got some cool stuff. It was all pulled off the car at 1500 miles. Looks like new.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back