GT500 Pricing

Shat9611

Ex-ford tech
Reaction score
yea idk what ford is doing they might be trying to make as much money as they can so they can redo the gt500 perhaps with the new 6.2l and a supercharger. i can only hope lol

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
moved to chat :hi:

yeah...when I bought both of ordinary GT premiums I paid sticker. That was not cool I know.:chairfall:

At least the GT500's are unique.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
We have a brand new 2011 GT500 coupe where I work that's below MSRP. It's loaded with the SVT Performance Package, Electronics Package, Shelby Car Cover, and Glass Roof. MSRP per Ford is $57,700. Our sale price is just $55,950. Click here to see it. Grabber Blue with White Stripes. We'll pick you up at the airport if you want to fly, buy, then drive it home....

1ZVBP8JS6B5144075_3.jpg

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Seems to me that the GT500's in the Florida dealership I went to was a bit below MSRP. Not like my 2011 GT which MRSP was $36,985 and I went OTD at $33,250. The GT500's were about a grand below invoice. They had four of them and were really looking to move some of them. That's the nice thing about finding a dealership that has huge inventory, then waiting till the end of the month to buy. Even better if it's getting close to their fiscal year end like I was. Seriously though, PM me if you want the new car sales guy who is shit hot and selling his cars cheaper than the other guys there along with the dealer specifics.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
We have a brand new 2011 GT500 coupe where I work that's below MSRP. It's loaded with the SVT Performance Package, Electronics Package, Shelby Car Cover, and Glass Roof. MSRP per Ford is $57,700. Our sale price is just $55,950. Click here to see it. Grabber Blue with White Stripes. We'll pick you up at the airport if you want to fly, buy, then drive it home....

1ZVBP8JS6B5144075_3.jpg

Thanks but looking for black and no glass roof. I had recently spotted some on ebay with BIN pricing several thousand under MSRP from legitimate Ford dealers. Dealers are discounting 5.0's but it seems not so much the GT500.

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, that's vette territory right there. Maybe I should've gotten the used one at $28k.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
My friend just got a black stripe delete Performance package 2011 GT500. Dealers will negotiate but the car doesn't have that much room between invoice and MSRP. And SSARME yes it is Corvette money, but more like base Corvette money by the time you do the 2LT or 3LT your price is usually starting with a 6. MSRP on a non glass roof car is about $55k.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You wont get it for invoice, but 1,000 or so off of MSRP is fair...Shit, I just sold our last 2010 GT500 for $1,800 over invoice..

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Test drove a Z06 prior to the GT500 and I'd take the 2011 Shelby over the Vette without hesitation.

Let me guess the seats? Because the GT500 is very, very comparable to a base Corvette and in some areas its better including skidpad numbers. But the Z06 is on a whole different level than both the base C6 and the GT500 as far as straight line and road course as well.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
You wont get it for invoice, but 1,000 or so off of MSRP is fair...Shit, I just sold our last 2010 GT500 for $1,800 over invoice..

FYI - I found several for invoice but 1200 miles away.

Let me guess the seats? Because the GT500 is very, very comparable to a base Corvette and in some areas its better including skidpad numbers. But the Z06 is on a whole different level than both the base C6 and the GT500 as far as straight line and road course as well.

It was more that the seats. I don't contest the Z06 will outperform the GT500 but the car just feels cheap to me. I drove both new and a few with less than 20k miles. Squeaks, rattles, broken interior pieces all too common. The GT500 is also much more practical as a daily driver.

One thing they have is common is they're very tail happy. Those summer tires of wet twisty roads will keep you from enjoying the power.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
FYI - I found several for invoice but 1200 miles away.

It was more that the seats. I don't contest the Z06 will outperform the GT500 but the car just feels cheap to me. I drove both new and a few with less than 20k miles. Squeaks, rattles, broken interior pieces all too common. The GT500 is also much more practical as a daily driver.

One thing they have is common is they're very tail happy. Those summer tires of wet twisty roads will keep you from enjoying the power.

The 2011 is very tame even in the wet, in contrast the Vette wants to spin the wheels even at freeway speeds in the wet. Driving in sport mode with traction off I was impressed with the traction in the GT500 and the grip even in the wet. I think the soft throttle response down low and the relatively high torque peak also help the tires to hook up. When its hot the car will dead hook in 2nd gear and sometimes even towards the top of first.

A Griggs torque arm / adjustable PHB and LCA's would be a great mod for someone looking to track the car or tie down some of the extra movement in the rear of the car. The front is very, very positive and tied down on them and the rear sometimes moves out of sync or has extra motions. It stays put but it feels like it wants to go sideways under power some times.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back